Thursday, February 21, 2013

Today was absolutely wonderful.
First of all, I work up to a text saying, "Someone wants to visit you." and this picture:


..Sent from a mom back home in Wisconsin, who I used to babysit for. One of her children, and one of my most favorite people in the world, is her son, Henry. Also hearing Jess, who now babysits for them, say that Henry and Charlie talked about me on Valentine's Day, just warms my insides and makes my heart sing. I just smile thinking about my conversations with Henry before I moved. He could not get over the fact that I was going to be living by mountains, and that mountains were like volcanoes but that lava did not come out of them. I cannot tell you how much I miss my Matzeks back home, the little ones and the adult ones. :)

My first day at Goddard was amazing. I am so happy that I will now be spending my days playing, singing, doing art with, teaching, dressing up and being silly with toddlers. I was so over spending my days feeding, changing, putting to sleep and repeating those three things. Don't get me wrong, I love babies, but I can tell how unhappy I was with that group of babies in particular, now that I am away from them. I am seriously surprised that I left work everyday still wanting a child of my own someday. I have no doubt in my mind, that once these first couple weeks are through, my co-teacher and I will have found our 'flow' and we will have one amazing group of kiddos. And you have no idea how excited I am to have a room full of color. As much as I loved KinderCare as a company, I did not love our restrictions when it came to hanging our art and decorating our rooms. At Goddard, I can have art up to the ceiling pretty much and hanging from the ceiling if I want. I am so excited!

When I left work today, my phone had been blown up with calls, voice mails and texts from Joel, my Mom and my Aunt. My Aunt and Uncle stopped in town for the night, to escape the snow (yes, we are finally getting snow) on their drive to Arizona. Which, also got snow in the last couple days- fun fact. So my Aunt and Uncle took Joel and I out to dinner and it was so nice to sit and chat and be in their company. Unfortunately, Joel was only able to join for an hour, and then he was off to his show in Denver. Let's all cross our fingers that Joel and his buddies get back safe and sound, since the roads are slick and they don't even play until 11PM. At that point, I will have been sleeping for at least an hour. :) Far too late for this one on a week night! 

On that note, I am going to curl up with a book, or loose myself on Facebook for a bit, either or, guzzle my lovely Sleepy Time Tea and call it a Thursday. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad for me in the morning and I have another fantastic day at Goddard.

Good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment