Saturday, February 23, 2013

BRRRRrrrrrr
It is so cooooold! For the first time, I think, this winter, I can't say that we are loving snowless and sunny days. I am freezing. And I blame it on the fact that we've been so spoiled. 

I could not be more excited to be home next weekend, but the freezing cold Wisconsin air is something I am not looking forward to. Pretty much the only thing. After blogging on Thursday, about how great my first day at Goddard was, I thought to myself that I had more happy news that I was totally over looking, and that is that I was exactly a week away from being Home Sweet Home. How in the world was I overlooking that? 

This is the belly that I get to love on:
  I've also been kind of laughing to myself every time I tell my girlfriend that I am so exited to see her belly, wondering if she feels like all my excitement is towards her belly and not to herself in general. Well, I could not be more excited to be in your presence, hear you talk and laugh, hug you and your belly... as well as rub it, probably sing to it, give it a silly name (even though she has one already) and make a wish on it. I can't get over that one of my best friends is going to be a mom in just a couple short months. Although, I am bummed that I won't be able to be there to hold the princess frequently and get to know her to the point where she knows me as Aunty Kelsey, or Kelky, as my name has been pronounced by little ones for the first time. 

Speaking of little ones, my Friday spent at Goddard yesterday, was just as lovely as the first day. Hopefully this 'Honey moon stage' never ends. I love my kids and I find them highly entertaining. One of my little guys preceded to share a cup of 'wine' with my co-teacher as we all sat together in home-living and ate and drank delicious foods that were being made for us (pretend of course). It's times like those that I think to myself that I have the best job ever, simply because I get to spend my days playing. In just my two days spent there, one of my boys has grown particularly fond of me already and did not like when I went to the teacher closet to put my jacket on before leaving yesterday. The look in his eyes and whine in his voice when I went to leave... oh, it just makes me feel loved. I offered a hug and a high five but he wanted nothing to do with either, as he turned his back in disappointment, he just wanted me to stay. I promise I'll be back on Monday, buddy.

I told my director yesterday, that after my first two days of work at Goddard, I feel happier than my four months spent at Westgate and that I was so incredibly happy that they offered me the job. The smile that that got out of her, even brightened my day, as she also preceded to tell me that she was so happy that I applied. 

As for today, I plan to not have a plan, and that is my favorite kind of Saturday. I feel happy that I'm feeling the need and want to blog again.

The mug that makes me happy.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment