Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I am feeling like such a badass right now.
Never in my right mind, did I ever see myself walking out on a job. It is not my style. All along, I've looked at people that can't professionally finish their two week's notice and say about them, "What pansies!" 
Now, technically, I'm a pansy. 
On my last day, with my babies and co-teacher, my director decided to pull me out of the room and make me do lunch breaks. Well, she informed me that that was going to happen, but trust me, it didn't get that far. Something so simple wouldn't usually make me so mad, or mad at all, but for some reason, I immediately starting shaking in anger. So, I took it upon myself to let her know how inconsiderate and rude that was of her to do. Side note: I would never talk to an employer that way, but given the fact that I have never grown respect for her, it was easy to do.
Anyways! I'm a little bothered that she had pushed me to a level of acting, not so like myself and forcing me to stoop to her level. This is where my mother's voice chimes in and says, "Now, Kelsey, no one made you do anything. You had all the control." Yes, she's right, but I have no reason in the world to leave on a good note with her. It took everything in me to not be a rude bitch person and let her hear all my thoughts, but that was my control and the little part of me that didn't want to stoop to her level. My co-teacher told me that during their Professional Development Day on Monday, our director told them that 18 families have left since she took over the center and that isn't including the employees that have quit. News flash-- There's a good chance you are the reason! I, by no means was going to give her the chance of having the last word. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to have that power and I go out of my way to accomplish that. After my co-work came in my room so I could go do lunch breaks, I calmly put my shoes on, stopped her in the hallway and told her very nicely, that I was going home and that is was unfortunate that she couldn't even let me finish my last day in my room. It took serious self control to not give her the finger when her response was, "Okayyyyy?" 
So, I did finish my full two weeks, I just left a tad 7 hours early. 
I can confidentially say that I will never work for another KinderCare again, unless I go back home to Hudson, Wisconsin, where KinderCare is paradise. My assistant director there has already assured me that they would rehire me if that's something I was interested in doing. 

Whew! What a crazy feeling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment