Monday, April 4, 2011

Ugghh.

How badly do you want to read this post when it's entitled, "Ugghh??" haha I'm sorry. I actually thought while I was typing that that I should just title it something chipper and happy but I have no idea whyyy I am not chipper and happy right now. Clearly, I am not slapping you in the face with really happy, exciting posts just yet ;) I told my co-teacher at work today that I seriously think I am going through an almost-mid life crisis. Almost, because I turn 23 years young on the 28th. And that's another thing! This is my birthday month. I should just be cheesin' like I usually am. And during this month especially. This is very frustrating because this thing that I'm in or going through-- it never lasts more than a week. Never. So this is serious. Maybe I'm over thinking everything.





Today I decided that I am going to start "Operation- become content again." I will do all the things that put on smile on my face and make me feel content in my life and see if I still feel "not content" and if I do it's time for some serious change. I will:

1. go to yoga tonight. Which I failed at because my parents invited Joel and I over for a delicious dinner. Which is okay because food and a full belly make me happy too! I will just go to yoga on Thursday. Mark my words! 
2. do some serious quote reading. This is one thing that always makes me feel better. I love when reading and talking with interesting people put my life in perspective. I plan to pull out 1,2,3 maybe all 5 of my quote books when I get home from my parent's tonight. 
3. finish cleaning and organizing. This week! I am working on my laundry now and I plan to accomplish all the cleaning I had planned on doing this weekend but failed to do. Cleaning makes me feel better, it's crazy, I know. 
4. try really hard to get back to working out this week. But I probably won't. I say this almost every week but after this weekend (this weekend filled with a ridiculous amount of doing nothing-- after our amazing Friday night that is) I need to get my energy back. I was telling Joel the other day that I feel like either I am crazy full of energy and am off the walls or I have absolutely none and am so sluggish. I need to eat more green food! 
5. spend time with my girlfriends. My girlfriend, Sarah, just moved into a new apartment in Mpls. I have to visit her and I'm sure fall in love with her new place. If not this week, definitely early next week. 
6. read!!! I need to get into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I have a list sitting next to me of all the books I need to read. One, is Water for Elephants and I hear that is being made into a movie and I absolutely have to read the book before I see the movie. I have to! I almost stress myself out thinking about all the books I want to read. It's silly, I know. I often allow myself to get stressed out about silly things. breathe. 

Another thing that I know will make me feel better: going to a craft sale with my mom on Wednesday. I know, I sound old. I'm cool with it :) Oak Marsh craft sale in Woodbury is always a goodie. 

So I am hoping tomorrow I wake up and feel fully rested. This morning my alarm went off and I was dreaming that I was warming up for our soccer game in high school and the game was about to start and all I wanted to do was play so I didn't want to get out of bed. Maybe that's a sign telling me to get back to being active and working out? I think so.


Get me out of this funk. 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. As Jane's mommy used to say, "This too shall pass", and it will. Whatever you decide to do, you know I only wish you love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a little "funk" too last weekend- I swear it's the cloudy Wisc. weather. I did a little happy dance when I woke up to sun this morning :)

    ReplyDelete