Monday, February 28, 2011

Holy Yoga:)

So I have come to think of myself as 22 going on late 40's, early 50's (no offense to those of you who are those ages, and not that I'm not going to be a hella cool 40 or 50 year old) but I just got home from yoga and I'm drinking a cup of tea. It's only a short period of time before I skip off to my room for the night, open my book and get such sleepy eyes that I fall asleep within half an hour of reading. Hey, at least I skipped. 

Like I said in my first post, after I described to you that life changing event that happened almost two years ago, my life is different. I've been working in childcare since I can remember and have been at my job (Kindercare Learning Center) for 3 years this August. So, it's been awhile since I've had your common 8-5 job and with my internal clock, there is no way my body is able to stay up past 10:30.. 11 is pushing it.. even on weekends.. which I'm cool with. Occasionally, I'm able to, but that's an entirely different blog. We're going to stick with me being 65 for tonight. 

A few weeks ago, wait. My life is flying by. More like a few months ago, my mom introduced me to Holy Yoga. My mom's friend, Mary has a son named Gino, who was good friends with my brother in High school, more like best friends. I feel like that's somewhat useless information and kind of confusing but anyways! Mary's daughter, Maria, is a yoga instructor. Well, was, until she had her second baby on Superbowl Sunday. So now, a girl named Megan, instructs both Monday and Thursday nights of Holy Yoga. Holy yoga is amazing. I have to say, I have never been a fan of a workout that doesn't make me sweat a bunch because I feel like I've accomplished the most that I can when I do break a huge sweat. During class (lights off, candles lit) Megan takes a few minutes to say a bible verse, repeats it another time before class is over and then takes some time for prayer at the end. Side note: I never used to go to church and now I do almost every Sunday. With my mom. and then we go to lunch. It's great. Which brings me back to yesterday's blog title, A different kind of Sunday Funday -- now you understand :) 

I got home, checked the facebook world, and was called out on not posting a blog yet today. I thought to myself and replied to Kris, "I just got back from yoga, my mind is so clear I don't even know if I can write about anything tonight." 

So tonight is going to stay short and sweet.  I'm sure I'll have more things to rant and rave about later this week. I am trying a spinning class at the YMCA on Thursday. That I have never done before and I might die. I'll probably have to bust out my sports related inhaler I haven't used since my sophomore year of high school. Too bad I have absolutely no idea where it is or if it even exists anymore. And too bad Joel's out of town, I could just borrow one of his puffers. Yes, my boyfriend is crazy asthmatic. But I like love him.

4 comments:

  1. You can borrow my inhaler if you take me to spinning class with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come! Alli and I are trying it out. I'm pretty sure you can just jump in even if you aren't a member? If we pay to get in. Do you know? It's from 6:15-7 I'm going to call on my break tomorrow to make sure. Come along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha .. i think i might have taken your inhaler a long time ago when i was having one of my ashtma attacks.. i am doomed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that was when I still lived at home. I most likely threw it away in the move, thinking it was absolutely pointless to even have anymore. I may be wrong!

    ReplyDelete