Saturday, May 10, 2014


 By 10:30 this morning I had already done two loads of laundry, done the dishes, cleaned my house (given, my house isn't big, by any means), worked out and had eaten two breakfasts. Say it with me, successful Saturday morning!  

I'm just drinking coffee out of my R-rated mug that Joel's Grandmas probably don't prefer so much and looking out the window and watching all the white stuff float around my neighborhood and I feel so thankful that I don't have allergies. Both my mom and brother acquired allergies in the twenties and I'm crossing my fingers that that ridiculousness skips me. Being a nature enthusiast, I think that would be devastating. That would be right up there with a cat or a candle allergy. We all know, these are a few things that would break me. 

After an absolutely wonderful, love filled 'Teacher Appreciation Week' I seriously feel like a doughnut. I am a doughnut. I'm going to be honest with you, I bet I ate 13 donuts this week, possibly between 13-15. Odds are good that it's the later. Good thing I felt motivated to work out this morning. Can I get a thumbs up for that one? It's weeks like this, especially, that I love my job. Among the appreciative words and thoughtful little cards and gifts, we host a Mother's Day Tea at the end of the week every year and invite all the moms and grandmas (dads and grandpas are welcome too, we don't discriminate) and it's gatherings like that that make me feel so full. Yes, they last a short amount of time, given the attention span of my classroom's age, but any excuse to sit down with my parents and meet them on the friend level, not just the 'I take care of your child' level, is important to me. It's weeks like this that I am also surprised by gifts given by families that I wouldn't have thought would give them. 

I received news the other day that Joel's parents will be coming out over our anniversary weekend and going camping with us. Joel's parents haven't visited us yet and we could not be more excited to spend that special weekend with them. Anniversary weekend plus the 4th of July- that's one heck of a special time. We are lucky enough to have both of our parents out within a matter of two months. My parents will be out for a week, the first weekend in June. I look so forward to the day that we own a house and space to have everyone here at once. 

How am I doing; on my mission to become a full time blogger? ;) The thought of blogging consistently every couple days, is exhausting, not going to lie and I probably won't keep it up. Here I am, just being honest. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow; a blog filled with all things "Mother." 

Have a wonderful Saturday, all! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment