Sunday, May 11, 2014

Home Is Where Your Mom Is.

It's sleeting right now and the heat is back on. Major bummer. This may be the first time that I've been jealous of the weather back in the Midwest since I've moved my life to Colorado. Sheesh! I guess, that's what I get for posting pictures and posts about the great 75 degree weather we had in February? 

Anyways, the weather is beside the point and we have much more important things to address in today's blog. 

Happy, Happy Day to all the wonderful moms in my life!

Last night, I spent time over at the Herauf's. Alyssa is my best friend here in Colorado and she has just recently become a mother. I am thankful that I have her and her husband, Eric, in my life; people that I just like to be in the company of. And their precious little two month old babe, Elliott, is just a bonus.


I'm apologizing in advance for the ridiculous amounts of photos I'll be taking of my children when they exist someday. 


Along with being a great friend, advice giver and listener, Alyssa is a wonderful mommy. I'm lucky to have the ability to watch Elliott grow and spend this fun experience of Motherhood with her. 

Moving on to Superwoman this wonderful lady: 

I can't even express to you the love and admiration I have for this woman that I get to call my Mom. You can see it in this picture. Note: the far right side of this photo. This picture was taken at my Brother's wedding while my mom was reading her blessing. Such wise and loving words that came straight from her soul and my goodness, what a great moment to capture in a photo and have the ability to look back on. This woman has shown me more love and understanding than I've ever known possible and has always encouraged me to be 100% of who and I and to be proud of that person. She is to blame, if that's even the word to use, for this positive, sunshine life I live. I hope to do everything that you did, while raising me and I sure hope you are along for the entire ride of being a Mother myself some day. 


With our friends and families having babies, Joel and I have been talking more and more about how fun it is going to be when the time comes for us to be parents. The thought of making and having a baby that is half me and half Joel, well, it doesn't get anymore fun, I don't think. The concept is just the coolest thing in the world to me. It's fun for us to imagine and talk about what our babes will look like, what traits they will have from either or both of us. As easy as it would be to hop on the baby train, we are staying happily stationary in the childless area for a few more years and it will be that much more exciting, having waited until we accomplished all the things we need and want to do, most of which would be quite difficult with littles occupying our time. 

For now, I am content being a mommy to these beautiful, furry babies:

Oscar
& Olive.
 And someday, I get to add this beautiful lady to my mom list


 Now, go hug your mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment