Thursday, May 8, 2014

"And to a blog that came straight from my random-thought-filled-noggin."

Hey, Hi, SUP! 

Haaapppppppy Thursdaaayyyyyy! 

I've been wanting to blog lately, but have been putting it off like woah. I've just gotten the last of my supplies to finish the last couple of my kid's Mother's Day gifts and I grabbed a bottle of wine on my way home. After pouring myself a glass, I went to the bathroom and came out wearing lipstick. I don't know what over came me while I was in the loo, but there's something fantastic about this combo; wearing red lipstick and drinking a glass of wine. Have you ever done that; put on lipstick even when you know you're in for the night? It's making me think about the times I would clean my room in heels, back when I still lived at home. Through my door my mom would wonder what the heck was going on, why was I clomping around on my wood floor? in heels? and to add to it, my sweat pants. "Oh, it's just my inner trophy wife!" This is how I feel right now. And now I'm wondering why I no longer clean my house wearing heels. 

I give myself such a hard time. Whenever I feel like blogging, I think to myself that it's been forever and a day since that last time I've blogged and then I feel completely overwhelmed by the fact that it would take far too long to fill you in on my recent happenings so I just refrain from filling you up at all. 

I frequently day dream about having the life of a paid blogger and not actually having to spend 40 hours a week doing anything other than what I want, simply blogging about life and all it's glory and making money all at the same time. Can't I just travel the world? But keep my place and my cats and all my belongings? Joel could so easily up and travel the world, sell everything that he owns but his guitar and his inhaler. And his girlfriend. I'm not for sale. And I'm the one that keeps us grounded. Yes, I would love to travel the world but no, I can't sell all my belongings to do so. Nor do I currently have a job that lets me take time off as often as I please. Given, I've been lucky enough to have most of the times that I've requested off. I would imagine, no full time job wants to give anyone a month off to go travel the world and then work a handful of months and then go do it again. If you have any suggestions on how to keep my place, cats, pay for all of it and travel the world as I please and still make money while spending it, please let a girl know. Don't keep your secrets from me. Suggestions and advice on how to get there are welcome. 

On to the recent happenings of my life: I am a twenty six year old. 
Twenty six and it feels so good! I said this over my Birthday last year but I am right where I need to be. Right here. Smack dab in the center of 'closer to 30' greatness. I have always loved growing up and if you don't love growing up, you need to change your perspective. Be thankful. You continue to receive something great at your Birthday every year. The "Proceed this way" card. The 'double color and cross the bridge' card in Candy Land; not the 'Captain Gum Drop-- lose a turn' card. Don't get down about the fact that you are getting older! Appreciate the fact that you are blessed enough to have a Birthday every year. Not all are so lucky.  

Speaking of Birthdays, I have a new goal. Actually, I shouldn't say 'goal' because it's going to happen, mark my words. I'm going to spend my 27th Birthday in Ireland. in a pub. but not while drinking Guinness. I'm going to visit Trinity College in Dublin and be in heaven, surrounded by the largest library known to man kind and then I'm going to meet sweet new Irish friends that Joel and I will keep in contact with for the rest of our lives, especially until we move there someday. I'm going to visit Scotland and take amazing pictures of the brightest green cliffs that over look that gloomy sea that still manages to look beautiful. It's a sea over there, isn't it? I'm terrible at Geography and I'm not going to Google it. It's beside the point and you get the picture. To feed my forever obsession with it, I'm going to visit Stonehenge and Joel's going to propose to me inside it's sacredness. Kidding, but seriously. Kidding, but seriously. Kidding? Seriously.

I'm just being funny. dfffffffff <<<< that was from Oscar. I've come from fetching myself one more, small glass of vino and I've realized Oscar has sent his regards! I've also realized the time (8:06PM) and am currently thinking to myself that I wish it was Friday and that I may turn on Clublife and catch my second wind and head down to Denver for a night of grand company and possibly dance moves (Que "Selfie" by The Chainsmokers) But it's still Thursday and my mind has ventured off onto another day dream tangent and I'm being brought back to Earth by the fact that I have to work at 7Am tomorrow but it's okay because it's going to be Friday in a matter of hours. 

So, cheers and thumbs up to the weekend. And to a blog that came straight from my random-thought-filled-noggin.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment