Saturday, September 29, 2012

The grass is just as green as I want it to be.

I was definitely on a roller coaster this week, jeez louise! Monday through Wednesday, my emotions and stress about moving were taking over. Thursday, I was saved by some techno, that I haven't busted out in awhile and a nice date with a group of girls that I work with. We got together to celebrate Ashley's wedding and shower her with love, as we usually do inside the walls of KinderCare, but this time it was at Barkers, a restaurant downtown Hudson. 

I got so many hugs this week. I'm a big hugger. Can't get enough, of what we call at work, "vitamin H"-- learned the from my mom and passed it on. For some reason, all the kids were overly lovely dovey, like they can feel that next week is my last week. I spent my last half hour of work the other day in the Pre-K class, which I'm usually terrified of, but this time it was very enjoyable. I just have this mentality that Pre-K kids are terrors, like they've been in the past, but in this case, it was all the kids I had when I was teaching in toddlers and the twos room. "Here's a picture because I love you, Ms. Kelsey... here's a picture because I miss you".. was all I heard in that 30 minutes, along with hugs and an occasional back rub. God, I love my job. I babysit for a little girl who is in the Pre-K class, who when she started at Kindercare, I had her in toddlers. And again in twos. I am going to miss the daylights out of her. She said while I was coloring her and her friends a bunch of pictures of my name, because they all insisted, "Ms. Kelsey, I'm going to come over soon. I'm going to come see your cats" I told my mom and she said sternly, "You better have her over before you leave." And I will. I need to spend as much time as possible with all the kids that I influenced and grow into the awesome, hilarious little people that they are. I wrote my goodbye letter at work on Monday, also, and made myself, along with a few other people, tear up. It's soo crazy that I will soon be without this amazing KinderCare family that I've had for 4 years. It's hitting me, slowly! I've had parents come into my room and tell me that I can't leave and that I am irreplaceable. It's things like that, that make leaving harder. 

I told the girls that I work with, that when I toured the KinderCare that I will be working at, I toured during nap time. What was different between my KidnerCare and that one, was that all their lights were off for nap time. At my KinderCare, we aren't allowed to have the lights off even over naptime. Also, the teachers were sitting at the table, chatting. I thought to myself, Why isn't anybody cleaning? At that moment, I knew I was going to be that weird girl that loves to give hugs and is always cleaning. I'm telling myself that isn't such a bad thing. 

When I left all the girls on Thursday, after Ash's shower, I felt the best I'd felt all week. I spend time with the girls I work with and I feel so refreshed. I hugged my boss as we walked out and said, "We need to do this more often." not realizing that this is my second to last week with them. Ugh, don't remind me. 

I got done with work early yesterday and ran to Woodbury with mi madre' to run some errands aka get the camera I've been obsessing over for the past few weeks. I have also, been stressing somewhat about money, but if you know me, you know my priorities, and this camera was definitely one of them. :)  I need it to capture our new life in CO. After making that amazing purchase, we enjoyed a drink and a late lunch at Olive Garden and of course we had to hit up Home Goods. God, I hope there is a Home Goods in Colorado. There has got to be! 

I thought of, but refrained from bringing my new camera babysitting last night. I thought how funny I would look, and moderately creepy, bringing a huge camera with a lens to take pictures of the babes I am going to miss like crazy. I settled for my iphone and took some adorable pictures of one of the girls in my class, who I have been telling for the last week, that I so badly want to take her to Colorado with me. That would make this perfect, picking up my KinderCare and everyone in it, and bringing it to Colorado with me! Ahhh in a perfect world. I need to remind myself, that when I get there, things may not compare, but the grass is never greener. It is just as green as I want it to be. 

As for today, it is a perfect day for a perfect day. I am off to my family reunion. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment