Saturday, April 16, 2011

Imagination.

I babysat for the cutest little boys in the world today. I am not saying names, due to some lame KinderCare policy that previous employees have actually been fired for-- speaking of children outside KinderCare and violating confidentially. Stupid. Anyways, while the youngest was sleeping, the oldest (who's three) and I were playing with his train set he got from Santa! Before we started playing with his train set we had had "quiet time" where we laid on the couch and read his books he got from the library. One of them was The Magic School Bus something about dinosaurs. He's going through a dinosaur stage. So back to playing trains. (Little boy's name here) set his two trains facing one another on the track, stood up, put his hands in a claw-like position up to his shoulders, squatted down real close to the train set and said, "RAAWRR, TRAINS ATTACKED BY DINOSAUARSSS!!!" As loud as he could and pushed the trains off the tracks with his hands and they went flying. After I laughed, I reminded him he needed to be quiet because (little brother's name here) was still sleeping. He then assumed the position again and rawred in a whisper. I am loving this and of course, assumed the position myself. You should have seen us. I told his mom and dad how funny it would have been if they had nanny-cam and could have seen how hilarious we looked as we walked around the house like raptors eating, balloons, the curtains and dish towels hanging from the stove, all of which were tall trees. I am obsessed with the imaginations little kids have. My kids will have amazing imaginations having a mother like myself. I will be milkin it and playing along with them 24/7-- I am excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment