Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know."

Wow, I found that quote after I had already written this post. How wonderful. Cheers! 

Today is perfect. 
And so was yesterday. 
I am just loving fall. I have definately become more of a fall lover over the last two years. Up until then, I would have preferred to hold off the cooler weather and leaves falling forever. Not anyymoorre! 

Yesterday, Joel and I went to the Afton Music and Art Festival and I cannot get enough of that place. I suppose if I were to continuously walk around and look at every tent more than once I would probably have enough, but you know what I mean. I love the smell of fall, and the outfits. Biiiig fan of fall attire! 

I found rugs for my new kitchen, which I adore and just held smiling like an idiot once I had them in my hands. I have been looking for this style rug for awhile now and have never found a color scheme that I love. There is always one color in the rug that throws it off. Found them and loved the green, brown and blue earthy tones. 


And here I am instagraming things I've bought for my house. :) typical. After live music outside, a fall beer, some chili, and a good amount of fall based boutiques, I wasn't ready to be inside. And in my opinion, there is never enough time spent in craft sales, antique shops, and fall boutiques. They are just wonderful. And they are even better during this time of year. I am actually very bummed that I won't be around at the end of the month to catch all of the craft sales that my mom and I usually go to. But, my mom has reassured me that there will be plenty of craft sales in Colorado, and that they are every where. Thank god. 

I have become such a freak about fall! 

After leaving Afton, we took the scenic route (of course) back to Lake Elmo and took a very nice stroll through Lake Elmo Park Reserve. Where I, of course, took way too many pictures of trees, grass and everything nature. I don't know what my deal is. 
 
After that extravaganza, Joel and his mom and I, went to Goodwill... at 7:30 on a Saturday, where I spent almost $100 on things for our home. The vintage candle holders, and wood lighting fixtures up in the rug picture, are some of the treasures I came across. Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure! Successful Saturday if you ask me. What am I? 65? :) 

I have decided that I like fall in Wisconsin better than fall in Colorado, if you can believe it or not. In Colorado, the trees are pretty much green and yellow. There is no 30 shades of green, orange, yellow or fuchsia. Fall in the Midwest is definitely more intense. I love intensity! Well, when it comes to colors and seasons. 

I am so ready to go to the apple orchard. I need to do all these activities before I am in Colorado all by my lonesome. I actually envisioned myself getting pumpkins by myself in Colorado and attempting to take instagrams of myself and the pumpkins (because we all know that is a given) and I seriously laughed to myself. So, it's on the to-do list for before I make my way to the west side. So my friends can join me! :)

It's fun getting things ready and together for my move, but it's also very overwhelming. I have a long to-do list to accomplish before I leave. And leaving is going to be here before I know it. Less than 3 weeks away! It seems like it was just March when Joel and I were in Spain and talking about how fun and great for us it would be to move away somewhere sweet together. And now, it's here! People constantly tell me that life flies by even faster as you grow older and ohhhh man, do I see it. 
 
I'd like to point out the fact that Joel is now a first time renter! Big day on Friday, as he signed his first lease! It was quite entertaining filling out the rental application at the part where it was asking landlord's name and how long he's been at current address.. "Mom and Dad, and 25 years" as we both said, laughing. Gosh, we are excited! 


Joel is not particularly excited about the fact that I am probably going to have our entire house put together and arranged the way I want it by the time he gets there in November. Muahaha! What else am I supposed to do for a month? Blog? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment