Monday, March 7, 2011

I love love.

I am so fired up about my relationship right now that I'm feeling the need to blog about it. Yesterday, I went and hung out at the Kachel residence (Joel's parent's house) I finished a book I was reading last weekend and have been reading a not-so-interesting book this week just because I'm a crazy book worm and need to read. So, after voicing that to Joel's mommy, she went upstairs and came down with a stack of books for me. Now, when I was growing up, my mom would read and love self-help books. My response was always, "K, stupid, I don't need a book to help me live my life." That thought, was stupid. Finally, my mom turned me on to the Don't Sweat the Small Stuff books and I loved them. I read Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens and later in life read Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love. These books literally make you want to live your life better and are awesome at putting things in perspective. You know how I love that. 

So anyways, one of the books she gave me is The Five Love Languages how to express heartfelt commitment to your mate. I sound 50 right now. And realistically, the book is for married couples. I am not married, and won't be for some time yet. But everything in it is very interesting and all around it's about finding your "love language" and doing certain things to "keep the love tank full" in order to fulfill your partner's "love language." I really don't think I'll ever have problems in my relationships if I keep these books at my side. 

I told Joel I had started reading this book. We've been texting on and off throughout the last couple hours that I've been reading it. And I have to say, I am so thankful that I have a boyfriend who is so open and probably as equally excited as I am, in doing things with/for each other to make the most out of our relationship. I couldn't imagine having someone else. I am probably going to write down everything I love about him tonight and read it to him when I pick him up from the airport on Wednesday morning, at 7 Am, god, I'm excited! I have the best boyfriend ever. 

Hm, I wonder how many blogs I will eventually have written all about Joel. 
I love love.

top five.

3 comments:

  1. I love you too babe!! Its nice to see you blogging about me now :)) I cant wait to get home to you!! This last Day of travel is goin to feel like foreverrr!! Its Amazing how being apart can bring to people so much closer together!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, The Five Love Languages is very seriously one of my favorite books. I often remind my husband that I don't clean the kitchen because "that's not my love language" -- it's his :)

    I am much slower to anger and frustration having read that book. I am a self-help book lover as well. Thank you for making me feel less old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Anna! They really do help you live better. If you have any other ones, you know where I am-- I love a good book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete