Saturday, September 15, 2012

All work and no play-- yeah right!

It must have been the sun rise on the mountains at 6:30 this morning that motivated me to walk down to the gym in our resort and do 5 miles on the elliptical-- which is a huge deal for me since I can't remember the last time I did something active; aside from chasing one year olds around all day because that is definitely the only thing that makes me sweat these days. I am feeling pretty amazing right now and I feel more than ready to put back a few jugs of beer today at Oktoberfest, totally disregard my physical activity I did this morning! :)  How we accidentally made our reservation at the resort on this weekend, is beyond me but I find it pretty exciting!

After little sleep, due to excitement, of course, towards the end of our 16 hour drive, I saw mountains for the first time. And ohhhhh, was it amazing! It got more amazing when we were actually driving through all the mountains to get to Breckenridge verses the cloudy looking mountains I saw from afar when we were just getting into all the cities. 

Upon arriving at our resort, I started instagraming! Duuuh! I am blaming my camera for breaking over Labor Day weekend for my outrageous amount of instagrams that will be taken over the course of the week. Gosh, I love Instagram! What would the world be like without Instagram? 

It's hard for me to want to accomplish all the things we came here to do this week, when our resort is this amazing, well Breckenridge in general. And trust me, I've looked, the closest Kindercare is an hour and a half away! Bummerrrr. I could get used to this view of mountains, not mountains from afar.

I just want to play all week! Why can't I just play? The mother in me is reminding myself that I will soon live here and I can then, play all I want. To give you a little recap on my few weeks before this trip, I was looking online at a bunch of Kindercares, trying to see pictures and most importantly trying to figure out if any are hiring. I came a cross a few, that looked like my current Kindercare; new, bright, big, which is ideal, and they were NEAYC accredited. I wrote down a few to contact and my intentions were doing so, during a lunch break last week. Turns out, I had less work to do because one of those Kindercares contacted me first and wanted to set up an interview. I will be meeting with that director sometime this week. Wish me luck, friends! 

When I first started looking on Craigslist for places to rent, I came across a bunch of scam artists. Or at least I am convinced that they were, because not everyone on there loves god and is serving for some Aids BS, in Africa. I apologize for my hostility, but it was very frustrating. I swear, every response I got was a husband and wife over seas working for the Christians to save blah blah blah, who wanted me to send my money to them so they could send me the keys. Ummm no, I'm not an idiot. I got off Craigslist almost every day, flicking off my laptop screen. Kind of discouraging, but then I came across actual people who I connected with on the phone and ohhhh man did that feel better. 

A lady with a newly remodeled 2 bedroom duplex, wanted to rent it out by the time we were able to get here this week, but the other side isn't available until the fist of October. Which would be perfect if I get this job this week, then we can get out here immediately and know we have a place waiting for us. I, of course, will be contacting other places as well, and try to see as many places as we possibly can.

As for now, I am getting hassled to shower and get on with my day. We have friends coming to Breck from Denver and CO Springs to join us in today's day drinking, on which we will be doing on a patio off main street, owned by a friend of ours who used to go to school in Eau Claire. This day couldn't sound more exciting! 

Tata, I'm off to drink some jugs of beer! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment