Friday, May 11, 2012

5 cats & a dog.

TGIF

Feels so good to be Friday and it feels like summer outside! My tank top under my t-shirt was immediately damp on my back as I got in my car on my lunch break just now. Whew! Cutie. 

I had the weirdest set of dreams last night, involving my mom driving my car straight into her garage door and then backing up straight into a truck that was behind it and smashing in the entire trunk by hitting this big truck's trailer hitch. wtf. Where does that come from and why didn't she care when I started crying about it? I just remember running inside all dramatically.

Well, I've been thinking about my relationship with my mom a lot lately. My lease is up the end of July and as much as I love love love my apartment I have now and would love to live there forever, if I was single, renewing my lease just does not make sense, for we are moving by the end of the year. I have not asked my landlord to let me stay until our move because after much thought, it makes more sense to move back into my parent's for 3 months. Now, I realistically never wanted to do this again. I plan to set aside what I would have been paying at my place- rent and Xcel and just keep it aside to have when we get out to Colorado. My parents are fantastic and I could not have asked for better parents, being the person I am and having the personality that I have. Although, when living together, my mom and I 100% but heads. I'm pretty sure it's the same case with most mothers and daughters. Once you move out, you almost always have a better relationship. It's going to take work from both our ends to make those 3 months as comfortable as possible. But, we can do it! 

Also, the first time we talked about it, neither my mom or I thought about our pet situation. My mom has 3 cats and a dog. I have 2 cats. That equals 5 cats and a dog!! Yiiiiikes. Oscar is going to freak out and my mom's oldest cat is probably going to die of stress. Lets cross our fingers that that is not the case! 

What I am mostly looking forward to: 

1. free internet
2. being 10 minutes from work and saving moola on gas
3. dinner that my mom occasionally makes ;)
4. work out equipment in the basement
5. my hammock
6. HGTV
7. having a dog to walk if I want to
8.  saving 3 months of rent and bills to put towards a new, sweet house in Colorado
9. working on my relationship with my mom. That was for you, mom :) 
10. annndddd, I had to make it an even '10' so last but not least, spending as much time with my fam damn before I move far, far away from them. 

Gosh, those 10 things excite me! 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment