Monday, May 21, 2012

Wanderlust.

I failed terribly at blogging last year when I was in Cali. Not this time!  


I have had an absolutely perfect vacation thus far. My flight out here was great. Sat next to no one and was given a window seat after trading with a lady who wanted to sit next to her friends. I was coincidentally on the same flight to LA, as a friend of mine who I hadn't seen for a long time, who also now lives in LA. I finished the first book in the Hunger Games, which was fantastic, had a bloody mary and was in LA before I knew it. One of my best friends who lives there, picked Chad and I up and we got lunch on a patio, drove around and saw her work, as well as walked along Venice Beach. I am so glad we had that time and were able to do that. Chris has given me shit every time I come out to San Fran to see Alesia, and not Cali in general, to visit her. I promise to make it out there to visit soon, spend more time than a couple hours! This is one of the reasons I'm also very excited to move to Colorado, we will be driving distance to all our friends in Cali. Gosh, this excites me. Back to Venice! I have to say, I was moderately bummed that my phone died shortly after getting off the plane, therefore I wasn't able to Instagram anything and everything. Thank you Andriod for getting instagram! :) After loving on each other for a couple hours, a walk on the beach, and a beer on an awesome rooftop patio, it was time to get myself back to the airport. Check-in back at LAX went faster than I was told it would and once I got past security, my gate was immediately as I walked in to the terminals. My flight from LA to Oakland went so ridiculously fast, I felt like I sat down, turned on my ipod and minutes later, was told we were getting ready to land. My bag was one of the first bags to appear at the baggage claim, and I, once again, thought to myself that today is working 100% in my favor. After too many tights hugs, our drive back to SF, a stop down at the fisherman's warf, we got back to Alesia and Jon's place, put my stuff down and was immediately out to our first restaurant. The place was called, Zeitgeist and is a biker bar, known for their awesome patio. And I don't mean, leather jacket and Harleys biker bar, I mean, skinny jeans, plaid and two wheeler biker bar where everyone is a hipster who drinks whiskey like it's going out of style. I tried to get a picture of the patio, but failed, people were smoking weed outside and I didn't want to be the tourist taking pictures, who cares if you're smoking weed, because I don't. You do whatever your little heart desires, because that's okay in San Fran, I've already learned. Anthony Bourdian, from the Food Network had eaten there and suggested it on his website. I highly suggest you check it out if you ever have the chance. Later that night, we met up with Chelsea and her man and walked to an awesome little, classy bar, called Olive, which I loved particularly because my cat's name is Olive, and had delicious martinis.

Friday morning, I felt like I had drank martinis the night before. After a delicious breakfast, a fall downhill for me, ha and a scraped up, bloody foot, we were off to Petaluma for the day to sit by Omar's amazing outdoor patio and pool. 

Looks fake doesn't it? Nope, I was there. And the weather was beyond perfect. Couple beers, hookah, I could go back! Friday night we went out and I met the people that Alesia, Jon and Chels work with. At another hipster bar and yes, I drank whiskey. Believe it or not, it gave my quick the kick I needed to jump start my night. At the second bar, I tried a new beer, called Hoegaarden and it is quite possibly my new favorite and unfortunately, I don't think I can get it in Wisconsin or Minnesota. It's going to have to be a treat just for San Fran. 

Saturday we went shopping, found some good deals and bought awesome mustache's and neon suspenders for Bay to Breakers yesterday. And yes, this year, we made it out of the house. I can't wait to show pictures, but unfortunately, I was having too much fun to get a ridiculous amount of photos, but that's okay. Here is my mustache' 


I look like my dad. We got too many compliments on our mustache's and then sadly, I lost mine, while letting others try it on. It's okay, only because after so many hours, it made my face react and get red. After a walk around the city, seeing all the crazy people and hilarious costumes, we parked it at a bar and had a dance party on the awesome dance floor just like we did last year. I have to say, there is something also liberating about dancing with a gay man, along with a 3 year old to Taylor Swift songs, like I've said before. Especially, when I'm wearing suspenders and a mustache' and he's in tight pink short shorts and work out gear, tall knee high socks, along with a hula hoop. Larry, I love you. After a long day of drinking and dancing and being outrageous, along with other outrageous people, we called it kind of an early night. 

Things I have fallen in love with while in San Fran: crystal light, singing Carly Rea Jepsen way too loud, and this wiener dog: 


No comments:

Post a Comment