Saturday, July 23, 2011

I am proud of myself.

- for two reasons, mainly. This week I a) paid off my car payment b) worked out 3 times! This is definitely a milestone for me. Now, if I could just get myself to a yoga class once a week. I intended on going to yoga this morning but I am blaming my nonattendance on having to drive Joel to his brother's at 4 this morning to then catch a plane at 6 for his cousin's wedding in Texas today. Also, on the fact that I returned home and then slept until 10:20 8:20 this morning. Clearly, I had lots of sleep to catch up on from this past week. For some reason I have had a terrible time getting out of bed not once, but everyday this week. I need to eat more green food. And drink more coffee? So now it's noon. Instead of going to yoga, getting coffee with a girlfriend who's in town, and doing some laundry; I have laid in bed until 11:30 reading my book I can't put down. Crazy, books continue to take over my life. But, I did just shower and now am drinking my second cup of coffee. Think I'll accomplish any of the things I had wanted to? Probably not. 

I have my second day of work today at the liquor store. My first day was Tuesday night from 5-9. Luckily, the computer system is up to date, unlike Mr. Movies, so this transition should be a bit easier. I'm just so used to working with kids, not money and adults. Some things I need to remember: ask if they want a bag, ask to see their ID. Quite simple you'd think. Eh, I'm a scatter brain and remember hardly anything. I made myself a cheat sheet just like I did at Mr. Movies. The people I work with probably think I'm such a dork. Or a slow learner, both legit. The girl who trained me asked me to put tequila into the search on our computer system. This is what I typed in, "hose." I then laughed as she told me it's spelt with a "j" and then I proceeded to ask her if she could tell I never drink tequila. Whatever! I'm not embarrassed that I don't party! :) Another lady came in and asked for a kind of alcohol I've never heard of. Ah learning experiences. And this experience will be interesting. I'm a little intimidated by working on weekends and especially this weekend since it's my first. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. When all the "Minnesotans" come over to buy their alcohol that they had all week to buy just because all liquor stores are closed over there on Sundays. I'm told they are, a lot of the time, demanding and rude. I don't do well with demanding and rude people. So tomorrow, should once again, be interesting. I should have gotten a job at an uptown liquor store ;)

Tomorrow I work from 9-1, small morning shift for my first Sunday, I'll take it :) Then I'm off to a girlfriend's baby shower. I have to say, the other night as I entered Babies R us, I felt weird, opposite emotions all at the same time. I felt super excited for my girlfriends who are having babies and looking forward to buying them cute things and also I was entirely freaked out. I, by no means, want to be in that store buying anything for myself for a long time.

Move in count down: 9 days !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment