Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hey new job!

 I promise this won't be the name of a blog post for awhile now ;)

A couple weeks ago, after I had quit my stupid second job selling knives (puke) I began the job search again. I went around town, took some applications, and talked to some managers/owners about what exactly I am looking for. Spirit Sellers Liquor Store down town Hudson was one of the places I stopped in at. The owner told me they weren't hiring at the moment, but to come back in August because he would know where all his college workers where at and whatnot. I told him my name and that I worked full time at Kindercare so I was looking for nights and weekends. I took his card and didn't see that opportunity going anywhere. Until. Last Friday he called me at Kindercare and informed me that one of his employees had put in her two weeks, he had an opening and he wanted me to come down and fill out an application after work. Now, he's a good memory. I couldn't believe that he called Kindercare and asked for Kelsey Parr. Awesome. I went down, filled out an app and basically had an interview as I was filling it out. I got to the point on the application (that I hate) that asks if you've been charged with a felony or misdemeanor in the last five years. ugh. Because I would be selling liquor, I felt the need to address my situation to him. After I told him I had gotten a DUI two years ago, I felt like that kind of killed it. I told him, I obviously would love it if that wasn't on my record, but I'm glad and thankful for how getting in trouble like that had changed me. I've done a lot of growing and changing in the last couple years. He asked me a few more questions and then told me he would get back to me within a week. I'm thinking great, there goes that job opportunity. The begining of this week rolls around and I'm thinking "ugh, I just want another job now I don't even want to go turn in all my applications. Basically, I'm asking for a job to just fall into my lap. AND surprisingly, he called me Tuesday afternoon while I was working and said if I was still interested, he would be willing to move forward with me. I worked past his office hours that night and looked so forward to calling him Wednesday on my break. I called him and thanked him for looking past my incident and giving me this opportunity. He said "You seem very genuine and I think it just feels right. :):) And I asked my son and another employee (both who I graduated high school with) and they said you would be a good one to add to the team." 

Heck yes! I've finally found a second job that I want. After working at Mr. Movies for those two months before it shut down, I thought I wasn't going to find another job that was ideal for nights and weekends like that one was. So I'm excited and nervous (just like I was with Mr. Movies, can you believe it?) to take on something new. I don't have a lot of newness in my life so when I get it occasionally, I'm ecstatic. Lots of new beginings! 

Move in countdown: 18 days !! 
There Kris, now you're caught up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment