Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hump Day?

Hey Heyy! It's Wednesday! Happy hump day! I actually applied for a nights and weekends job last week at a liquor store and while I was there filling out my application, the owner/manager said, "Ahh it's Wednesday.. Hump Day!" Wow, I think  I could fit right in here! "Where did hump day ever come from anyways?" I asked. "Because it's in the middle of the week.." I still don't get it. 

Moving on! Today was one of those days were I didn't love my job so much. I had a new little boy in my class. New boys and girls are so hit or miss. This one, takes the cake. I am not lying to you when I say I listened to him cry, scream, throw a leg- kicking-arm- flailing- tantrum from 9:20 this morning until he fell asleep for his nap at 12:15. Then he woke up a few times, cried and screamed some more and fell back asleep until 3:30 when he woke up a completely different child. What? It's easy to deal with sometimes when you just put yourself in their position. I am two. My mom has left me. I know noone. What the heck is going on?? There's structure. I can't do whatever I want. I have to put things away when I'm done with them? It's quiet thee adjustment. I understand. But jeez, let your teacher hug you and explain some things to you. This child just wasn't having it. And I realized when mom picked up that he is probably that same exact way at home with mom and dad. Mom had to pry him off the bike and then he proceeded to yell "NO!" and kick both shoes off. Ah I love kids. My mom always says she can't wait until I have kids someday. Because I have this weird thing where I think I know everything about how I'm going to parent my children. Last weekend while my mom and I were eating at Olive Garden a lady and what looked like a two year old, sat down to have lunch. My mom turned to me and said she would have never in her right mind done that. Because of how horrible I was when I was younger. Damon, my brother, was the chill one who was cool with everything. My mom says I came out bitching. Hm, I can believe that. Fits my personality a bit. She said taking me out anywhere was a complete nightmare, I was loud and obnoxious. Hilarious.

On another note: It's Ms. Kylie Shea Jinks' birthday today! Happy 23 years my love! Of course you get a birthday shout out if James got one! ;) Let's have many many more, shall we!

 
I wish I loved baked goods. Then again, I'm so happy I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment