Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cheddar brats- 1 Kelsey- 0

I don't have a clue what to do to motivate me to work out. My first year out of high school, I was going to school for personal training and for class had to do two hours (in all) of work outs 5 days a week. One strength training class and one physical training. When you are in the habit, you feel like you cannot go on if you miss a day of working out. Jordan, don't even comment on how somedays I would just sit and ride the bikes verses lifting weights ;) Getting buff like a man was all in my head but hey, buff chicks aren't so sexy in my opinion. When I say buff chicks, I am referencing female weight competitors. So some of those days I chose to sit and pedal on the bike and get my work out that way. Gosh, I should have taken so much more advantage of those classes. Now, it has been so challenging for me to get back into a routine of working out and sticking to it. Sadly, I haven't been able to run since high school, after I hyper-extended my knee. I've learned that I just have bad knees, unfortunately, because sometimes when I do certain workouts, the knee that starts to hurt isn't even the one I injured. What gives? All I want to do is be able to run again :( Maybe that is where I am struggling. I am not allowing myself to get over the fact that all I want to do is run. Excuses.. excuses.. I wish I was moved into my new place, used to paying my new bills, saw how much money I had left each month and was able to take on a membership somewhere. As you probably know, there is little little space in a studio apartment and working out just isn't going to be something I'm able to do in there. Although, I suppose I could set up my yoga mat alongside my bed. Hmm. My mom says I should go for walks. I like walks, don't get me wrong. But I prefer to break a sweat- that's when I feel like I've really accomplished something. I think I need to start myself a challenge. And reward myself when I accomplish this goal/challenge. My girlfriend has told me that I can start going with her to her gym for two weeks and use her guest pass. I think I need to do it. Maybe it will make me fall in love with lifetime fitness. As for now, I am going to concur my green beans and cheddar brat(s) Eating just sounds so much more enjoyable. Fail. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment