Saturday, June 25, 2011

As of today, I am fully done with training for my new job and officially a CUTCO representative. After my first day of training on Thursday, I was asked to stay after with another girl. We were told  we did such a good job during our role-playing and mock appointments that our manager wanted us to come in a half hour early on Friday for some doughnuts and juice and to get to know him and the assistant manager a bit better. Hm, that was good start. Yesterday at the end of our training, we were asked to write down some more contact information and on a scale of 1-10 how hard we wanted our manager to push us to complete our goals. Goals, meaning appointments and in turn meaning sales, meaning mooolaa. I am already fully aware, and somewhat jealous  of the people I am training with because I won't be having a ton of appointments during my first week, or ever for that matter, due to me having a full time job and this only being second priority. Although, I don't know if I could have this as my full time, main job. I don't think I'm interested enough in the product, even though it is way sweet. So on my scale of 1-10 (10 being pushed the hardest) I put 4. Like I said in my first post about the job, I don't really think my manager knows how to handle my personality. "Kelsey, I see you put 4." "Yeah, I was going to put 1 but. Like I said, this is my second job, second priority, and I wanted something flexible so I can accomplish all the things I want to during my weeks and still make a little extra money. I know what I have to do and I can be the one to push myself to accomplish my goals." I'm anxious about my first appointment. We were supposed to come into training today with the most appointments we could make for ourselves for our first weekend/week. One guy I trained with brought in 15, one girl brought in 10 and I brought in 2. This made me laugh. I told him, I chose to bring in only 2. I think he wants/expects me to be a little more into this whole thing than I really am. I told him today, I didn't mean to disappoint him but this is how it's going to go if he wants me working for his company. Oh, did I mention I am the oldest one working in the office? Well, we're based out of the office, not actually working there. My branch manager is 20. My assistant manager is 20 also, and everyone I trained with is 18. Of course, I look the youngest. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. 

On a more exciting note for me! ha. I started and finished a new book.
And I'm on to another one of her's: 
 I think I've stumbled upon my new favorite author. Well, definitely top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment