Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The sun was out today.

..in more ways than one! :)



Yes-- it was a better day today! I woke up, had a little bit of a hard time getting into the shower but once that was over, I was full of energy. I'm starting to think that I think my body needs more sleep than I actually do. I, for some reason, didn't fall asleep fast last night so I last looked at the clock at 5 to midnight. I, on my own, woke up at 7. Hmm. But forced myself to stay in bed until 7:30, which made it more difficult to get out, I think. Probably shouldn't do that. So, 7 hours it is? We'll see tomorrow morning. 

Work today, was great. I haven't said that in awhile. My co-teacher, my bosses and I'm sure ladies I work with, all know that last week was quite an intense/emotional week for some of us. I think last week was probably the most frustrating week for me. Ever. At Kindercare. But today, I started to see the sunshine again. I laughed a lot with my kids and co- teacher. You're probably thinking, "stupid, don't you do that everyday?" Wellllll, let me tell you. These past few weeks have been quite challenging in our classroom. For various reasons I will not go into, because it would take up an entire post. 

Yesterday, I found a sticker sheet with two stickers on it. One of a heart and one of a crown. I gave the heart to my co-teacher to put on her jacket and I took the crown for myself. Today, one of my kids asked about my crown sticker. I then told them that they couldn't call me Ms. Kelsey anymore, that I would only respond to Princess Kelsey. This was really funny later in the afternoon when one of my kids yelled, "Ms. Kelsey!?" outside, and one of my little girls corrected him with, "It's Princess Kelsey!" I thought that was pretty funny. 


I finally got in touch with someone from Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles today! yayyy! Relief. Well, kind of. I now, have to get in contact with the woman I saw for counseling after that mess of a few months after my DUI (family counseling was recommended verses outpatient treatment-- I can touch more on that later) so she can fax a letter saying I actually followed through with my counseling. Bring on the phone tag with that one! Getting that taken care of on my break today took a huge weight off my shoulders. I also did all the dishes, you know that will make me feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment