Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hellooo April.

So I was going to blog yesterday about how amazing Friday's show was but I was so sluggish and exhausted. By the time I had energy, it was put into showering and getting lovely looking and heading out to Kylie's parents house for some Indian food and martinis. Mmm. And I'm training myself to like spicy food. I am definitely getting better.

Tiesto's show was awesome! But when is it not? I had the whole day to prepare.. took a nice slow time getting ready.. had 3 cups of coffee.. was bouncing off the walls and dancing before we had even left to head to St. Paul. That seems to do the trick: late night? at least 2 cups of coffee. Because I am a grandma. A grandma who loves trance. What can I say? I live a balanced life. So our friend David, who we graduated high school with conveniently works for a cab company for one of the bars in Hudson and so gladly agreed to drive us to and from the show. Wew, that takes off stress. Thanks so much for doing that Davey! We really appreciate it. 

Not going to lie, none of us were impressed with how full the auditorium was (that is why I LOVE Epic, no matter where you are, he's close to you and the place always fills up so nice) Towards the start of the show, the floor was about packed but hardly any of the seats were taken up once you looked up into the balcony seating. Weird. The light show was amazing.. I try so hard to take pictures and videos but it's so hard when all your body really wants to do is dance, not stay still to take a good video. You definitely aren't thinking that way when you're there. Maybe after the fact. I always say how lucky I am that all my girlfriends love this stuff as much as I do. When I fell in love with techno in high school, I was about the only one at of all my friends. That didn't last long, it's easy to fall in love with. All in all, we made a crazy amount of friends, like we usually do at the shows we go to. And we're all so good at that :) I really did murder the dance floor and I was continuing even when we weren't on it anymore.. during the walk to the cab.. the cab ride home.. even when we got back to Sam Bams to continue to shit grin and talk about how amazing our night was. Hanna broke the strap to her purse while trying to run to Tiesto when he was finished and came towards the end of the stage to touch everyone's hands. god, that would have been great. No hand touch, but the effort made it okay that the purse was broken. We got so close towards the end of the show. And people weren't even weird about us coming up and invading their space. Probably because we are all awesome? ;) I saw a girl I had in my 5th grade class at the show and oddly ran into her quite often. With all the moving around we did I thought that was somewhere weird. I hadn't seen her since 5th grade and she found me of facebook a couple years ago. We also saw some guys that we graduated with that we would have never thought to see at a show like that- plus ten points. I wish I had a group picture of all of us to put on here, but sadly I didn't get one. Tier? Sam? Someone's got to have one! I said a few times, there couldn't be a better way to start out our birthday month. And of course, he surprised us with a nice little announcement that his latest CD comes out on the 5th.. soo two days. Amazinggg. Joel and I will be listening to that loveliness on our drive to Milwaukee this weekend. Thank goodness Joel likes Tiesto too. 

How far away we were at the beginning of the night

I wish I had sweet videos to show you :(
 I feel like there is so much more to tell you. I will most likely remember things after I have published this post. Oh well, it will give me an excuse to tell you about the time I was about 3 feet away from Tiesto at the after party the night we saw him in Chicago! I am smiling just thinking about that moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment