Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Motion in still life.

Right now, I am feeling like I could concur the world. Today has been an absolutely five-star day. I woke up, wide awake this morning at 6:30- I know, I'm crazy. I put some coffee on, hopped in the shower, had a piece of toast and half a grapefruit and was ready to go to work about 45 minutes before I actually had to be there. Clearly, it was the perfect start to my day. My co-teacher and I had some really good laughs today and you could tell I had about 5 cups of coffee (don't worry, I am easily addicted to coffee and never allow myself to have that much, today was just an off day) I got done at 5:30 today and at about 5, I felt like I could spend the rest of the night with my kids. It was a great afternoon, and we got outside twice today! Big day at Kindercare! ;) Too bad it's not going to stay this warm and it's going to snow again. Boo. We were told at the end of last week that we had "important visitors" coming this week so everyone has been hustling, getting ready for the new week's/month's themes and making our rooms in tip-top shape. Today was the big day. And the "important visitors" never showed up. So now all of our rooms look perfect. I told my bosses that they should tell us that every couple weeks so we hustle to meet perfection for no reason at all. 

I told myself I was going to make myself work out today after work, so I purposely had one bagel at 3 for snack (I can't say no to bagels at Kindercare) and snacked on some edamame- my new addiction. (thanks Sam) Got home at 5:40, changed, put on one of Tiesto's podcasts and was completely fired up. Funny, that my kitten, Olive, was in a crazy cuddly mood when I got home, more than I've ever seen her. So, while I was working my chest, she was laying on my stomach. While I was doing deadlifts, she was cuddled on top of my feet. While I was doing sit-ups, she was laying on my mat, under my bent knees. I laughed out loud a few times. It was fun for her too, until I accidentally hit her with one of the weights. 

I literally feel like I can do anything while listening to techno. I am unstoppable. But it goes either way- I put on my Tiesto dvd and get the energy to clean my entire apartment or it sucks me in and I find myself sitting on my couch, complete attention on the tv and then I get absolutely nothing done. I listen to techno while I go tanning- and I bet the lady at the tanning salon can hear me dancing in my bed. I listen to techno while I shower and I spend more time dancing than washing my hair/shaving. I can't be still. 

So I of course, go from my workout, to scrubbing the life out of my shower. I took a bath the other night and couldn't even relax, all I could think about was how badly I wanted to clean the tub. Put on some techno and it's a done deal. 


Now, my bathtub is spotless. 
And my day was fantastic.
high five!

3 comments: