Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Correct Terminology.

My co-teacher and I were talking today about how many times we think we say, "penis" in a day. Because you all know, you are supposed to use correct terminology with kids. Having two year olds we are constantly working on potty training. Some of the boys in our class stand up to pee, some prefer to sit. The sitting ones need to be reminded to "push their penis down" so pee goes into the potty and not on their clothes or the floor. Over the last couple weeks, one of our kids has become very curious about his penis. One day in particular, while sitting on the potty, he wasn't actually going potty. He was sitting, legs wide open, pulling his penis so it's facing up, would close his legs, slowly open them and watch his penis slowly de-stick from the leg it was stuck to. You can imagine how far into silent mode my co-teacher and I are. Knowing he has no idea we are watching him. Oh, and I must tell you he always used to pull his underwear up with his penis hanging out. We have such good laughs! Don't get me wrong, our days are not always a piece of cake. Honestly, I think we have very smart two year olds who use their manners so well. We feel like most days they act like three and four year olds. So on the days that they actually act like two years olds, and it's frustrating, we have to remind ourselves that it's common two year old behavior. 

I've actually refrained from blogging about my job because I've been trying to send a picture from my phone to my facebook/email/internet in general but for some reason, it refuses to send. A picture that I can post to this very blog to show you guys just how funny my job is some days. A couple months ago, we had our kids free drawing. One of my little girls drew a picture of a penis, clear as day and told me it was a window. I immediately asked her to stop so we could show Ms. Lauren(my co-teacher) her beautiful picture. At that point I took a picture of it with my phone and sent it to Joel for a good laugh and she got real embarrassed and didn't want to draw anymore. Sorry love. 

Maybe I just need to eventually start a blog about the hilarious things my two year olds say and do. You guys would all be laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment