Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Good hugs.

Nothing makes me feel better than techno and cleaning/organizing like a crazy person. Together. 

And nothing is better than strangers who smile at you. I can't get enough of friendly people and people who smile at you for no reason. 




 I saw a lot of that today at the airport. I love people. I have to say, there is nothing more irritating to me than people who are just rude for the heck of it, you're attitude is not attractive. There is nothing more attractive than a kind person. And a person who smiles. I made some friends waiting for my flight and on my flight home today. I really enjoy talkative strangers. I saw two different people reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, like I am and another woman butted into my reading and told me how amazing the book is. I can't wait to get into it more! 

During my flight I read a bit more of that and then decided to mix it up and read some GLAMOUR. I'm pretty sure there were 5 separate times I thought to myself, I need to blog about that, while I was reading and I was thinking of personal experiences and thoughts that related. 


Let me just say right now: successful trip to Florida. I gave everyone hugs before I checked in and we had to separate and go to different gates. This is actually something I thought to blog about! :) I am a hugger. I like to give hugs. There is nothing like a good hug. I sort of laughed to myself today while I hugged my cousin's husband who is so not a hugger like I am. It's hard for me to understand, but I can try. My thoughts are, if you're going to hug someone, hug them. Don't give a barely-touching-weird- hug or a one armed-half hug, give a good one. I know he didn't initiate the hug, but I'm just saying. 


I'm spacing and not recalling anything I read in GLAMOUR that reminded me of things to blog about. But I did read 12 Things Every Woman Deserves in Life towards the end of the mag. 


1. A statement bag, even if the statement is "who cares about statements?"
2. A Teen Mom marathon the day your home with a fever.
3. At least one person you can call at 3:28 A.M. 
4. More than one square foot of space on any form of public transportation.
5. Love you can feel 1,000 miles away.
6. A few days a year filled with flip flops, tropical sunsets and the sound of steel drums.
7. Fresh flowers once a week. Self-picked dandelions count. 
8. The shinier hair, thicker lashes or plumper lips you just shelled out $12.99 for.
9. Orgasms on demand, sans or avec partner. 
10. A say in whether and when you become a mother. 
11. One pet (yours or someone else's) who has a special thing for your lap.
12. A truly excellent profile picture. 


I love being a lady. 
And I'm obsessed with Florence + The Machine- Just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment