Thursday, July 7, 2011

Longest post of my life.

Due to the weekend's awesome festivities, I have not had the chance to recap on my 4th of July. As I said in my last post, this year was going to be entirely different from last. This weekend every year is fun because it's America's birthday and what Joel and I like to call our anniversary. Not "official" anniversary- that would most likely be around September time. But July 3rd, or 4th (I always say 3rd) We like to argue the actual night. was the night that we invaded each other's lives and have not walked away yet, nor have ever wanted to. Not that Joel has ever hidden the night from people, even from our parents, but I will spare you the details. Who knew a relationship this amazing could come from a one-night-stand. Can I say that on my blog? yes. I remember my girlfriend specifically telling me, "don't start 'hanging out with him, Kels' he's a relationship person, he's going to want to be your boyfriend." My response was always, "Psh, I don't want a boyfriend." 

This used to be my mentality.
Alesia, how right were you? This hanging out soon turned into shit, I don't want a boyfriend but this is awesome. You don't want a girlfriend. But we can't stay away from each other. Should you just be my boyfriend/girlfriend? I don't remember when we actually decided but nobody could believe it. Kelsey Parr had a boyfriend. And in all reality, these last two years have been amazing. Here's where I get crazy and post way too many pictures of my boyfriend and I. I have to say, looking through old pictures of us makes me even more happy to be where I am in my relationship. I feel like I just put together a frickin wedding slide show ;) Don't worry, that won't be for awhile. Mark my words. 


We like to spoon.





Cali. <3

Alpine.



Boundary Waters.






Weddings.





Cabin.






And here we are today.

There it is folks. Some of the many many pictures we've taken over the course of our two years. I frequently find myself asking Joel if he thinks other couples are like us; if other couples are as happy, if other couples laugh as hard as we do when we're together. We have way too much fun together and I feel so blessed. I think we'll be okay when the only thing we argue about is who loves the other more. Well, and what night it all started. 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and your two years with Joel. I hope it goes on forever!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete