Sunday, September 14, 2014

This weather just makes me want to watch Hocus Pocus.

I'm laying down in my back yard and I'm wondering what in the world I would do without my weekends. A weekend is exactly like a good night's sleep; relaxing, recharging, calm. Unless you drank Zquil before going to bed, than your nights are filled with mind boggling dreams and appearances of all the men you've been with in the past, not the current one you love. 

So many times this year, Joel and I have sat in our backyard together and talked about how we got so lucky with our place. We think, "What a perfect 'first time' place for us... we'll never again be so lucky... I could just live out here... psithurism is my most favorite sound in the world." 

I don't think I would appreciate my weekends if I didn't spend 40 hours a week with insane, hilarious, potty training two year olds, that are literally like the energizer bunny. I kid you not, they run laps around my room at 7:30 in the morning and good thing I've had my coffee! "Friends, lets use our walking feet over to the circle time carpet and read some books!" I'm thankful of my ability to turn anything into a song and make everything ten times more exciting and inviting.

I have to say, the only thing cramping my style right now, is Olive to my left, scratching and very aggressively trying to open the door on her own and join me outside. Dear Olive, when you make the choice of trying to burrow your way under the fence and make an escape, you go right inside, love. I trust that you won't attempt it next time you're out. Love, your Mama whose just teaching you boundaries.

This weekend we ventured to the mountains for the 20th Annual Oktoberfest in Breckenridge. It was our third year in a row and I cannot believe my two year anniversary in Colorado is coming up, and quick! We made too much coffee and left the house by 7:30 yesterday and hit no traffic whatsoever. We were already winning. We drank bier out of steins bigger than my head and enjoyed German Music as well as a handful of German chants and bier chugging only for a second

 



 I learned this weekend, friends, that I am fine with getting old older. After a stroll through the craziness of Main Street, we finished our biers, hopped in a gondola and ventured 12,998 ft. and played some mini golf on top of a mountain. Upon stopping back to the hotel and eating five pieces of pizza, we went to bed at 9pm. 9pm, you guys! I woke up this morning at 5:55 and felt like a million bucks. I felt like a million bucks because I had probably 4 biers yesterday and I am so cool with that. I am so cool with not drinking a lot and going to bed early. If this is what "getting old" is, "old" is what I want to be when I grow up! Wait, what?




 Joel and I have already decided to make it a point to come back out to Colorado every year for Oktoberfest, even once we move back to the good ol' Midwest. It somewhat marks a different chapter in our life together, maybe the second chapter, and it's a time to remember and a time that we've thoroughly enjoyed the last three years in a row. The changing colors in the trees on the drive there, well, that's something in itself. 



Needless to say, it was a relaxing very grown up weekend and time well spent with friends I hadn't seen in far too long, and my love, who I had been without for a little over a month. Yes, you read that right; a month! A month without kisses is far too long.          



 Cheers to Fall, Bier, reunions and getting older!   













No comments:

Post a Comment