Friday, September 26, 2014

Everything about Fall rocks my socks off. Although, I'm not currently wearing socks, like you would think at this time of year. I long to be cuddled up, wearing wooly socks right now. Yes, friends, it's been in the 80's. 87 degrees today, to be exact. What is up with that? This girl is ready and wanting Fall, needing Fall. I want to be in a sweater with the windows wide, not turning our AC back on. 

Cheers to the freakin weekend! My goodness. I said to my Co-teacher today, "If there was a sixth day of this, I don't think I could do it." I also asked everyone yesterday if there was a full moon, because my GOSH, are my kids nuts today. I live for my weekends. What would I do without them? Praise the lord, it's the weekend.

Last weekend was a wonderful time, celebrating love. Beautiful, Fall, full of love, gosh, you guys, that's my jam. Joel and I flew home and made the, almost four hour, trip to Wisconsin Dells with his family for his Cousin's wedding. The last time I was at the Dells, I think I was like four? Maybe six? And I was on a dragon roller coaster ride and I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even bring myself to wave at the video camera someone in my family was holding. Hilarious. Lets take a minute to thank everyone who took home videos! And to those who still do! The conversation has come up multiple times lately, about how in this generation, nobody prints pictures off. Everyone takes videos, yes, but I'm talking pictures. When I was home over Christmas, my girlfriend said, "When Sloane grows up I'm going to have to say something like, 'Honey, when you were young, we had something called SnapChat and we have videos of you, but they're floating around in space somewhere, they didn't save to any of our phones.'" Joel thinks we need to print pictures off, at least of our life here in Colorado. We purposely bought a nice little mumble, jumble of frames last week, or one frame made into a cluster, simply to motivate us to print off some great moments we've shared. I said, "Well done" to a girlfriend about a week ago, in regards to a baby photo album I saw sitting on her coffee table. "Good job at actually doing this. I loved looking at photo albums of myself as a baby. Nobody does this anymore!" Cheers to those that still do this. I'm going to be that Mom that's always taking pictures of her kids. I mean, you guys know me with my cats right now. Imagine me with babies. 

I appreciate being able to fly, so much. The ability to just fly home for a weekend, a short, sweet weekend, well, that's something. We had lots of laughs and spent quality time with Joel's parents and extended family at the inside water park and all weekend long, actually. We spent time with his brothers and their wives and both Joel and I got to know his cousins a little more. I love spending time with family outside of holidays. It's just the opportunity to spend that time aside from just holidays. And who doesn't love a wedding? It was fun to be involved with such great people and, oh man, do I look forward to the day that I'm a Kachel and I get to be in the photo entitled, "The Kachel Wives." It makes me smile just thinking about it. Come our wedding day, I will be the last one to turn Kachel, until the day when one of our boys, gets married and turns some other lucky lady, Kachel. Life is so great to day dream about, oofta. I saw Joel's Mom, naked. Did I say, we had many laughs? We danced to Taylor Swift and many other beats and ate probably 6 cupcakes each, then left a trail of frosting back to our hotel room, literally. We saw so many beautiful, seriously, breathtakingly amazing looking trees filled with leaves of maroon, fuchsia, red, orange, you name it, it was that color. Ah, Fall, I want to be on you. We had great company from both sets of our parents the day after the wedding, over wine at a winery in Minnesota and I bought a super comfortable scarf that I realized was Broncos colors after the fact, but hey, I didn't return it. I giggled to myself, thinking how often I relate everything to sports colors. I refrain from decorating anything in my classroom yellow and purple because I won't have Vikings colors in my room. Green and gold! I'm going off on so many tangents tonight. Back to the weekend greats, we spent the morning of the day we flew home, with my girlfriend, her boyfriend and their baby who isn't even a baby anymore! You know when your friends have kids and they do such a good job at being a parent and you feel so proud and happy about it? That was me. Working with kids and seeing it all, I greatly appreciate the ones who do it right. Then again, is there really a right and a wrong way? Well, that's different for everyone, and is a whole other post entirely. It was amazing to just be in their company, eat breakfast and put colored links on and off and on and off Sloane's little wrist as bracelets, after she says, "Help, please," which is really, "ha peas" over and over. Weekend highlights in pictures, ready, go!



Like I said, "Short and sweet." So sweet.







No comments:

Post a Comment