Monday, May 12, 2014

If Mondays were shoes, they'd be crocs.

Unless you had the Monday that I had. In my case, if today were shoes, it would be stilettos. Or maybe not stilettos, seen as though since moving my life to Colorado, I rarely wear heels and when I do, I make a fool of myself. I've said recently that I will no longer feel confident walking up and down the stairs in public wearing heels, especially if I've had a drink or two. So, perhaps today would be wedges? Or maybe a nice pair of flats? That's more like it. You get what I mean. Today was stellar. Today was just the day that my co-teacher and I needed. I honestly don't remember a day that ran so smoothly in my classroom. And I had a new start! First day in my class and he acted like he's been in it all along. No tears whatsoever! Hopefully, that's the case for tomorrow as well. You can definately tell that he's been in a center prior and you can definately tell that he's two years old. Hallelujah! Can't all of them be like that? I'll take twenty of you, thanks! 

To put the icing on the cake, I got off work an hour early! Although, it's still chilly here, I hate that it's nicer back in the Midwest, the sun was and still is, shinning even at 7PM. Honestly, the weather here has more intense mood swings than my two year olds or me during my period. 

I'm starting to regret not keeping tabs on what days I've all worked out this month. I told myself I would do so, just to see how I do. It's a funny thing, when Joel's gone, I eat healthier, get to bed at a reasonable hour and I work out a handful of times during the week. He joked once, "When I'm on tour, you get hotter and I get richer." Not that he or we are rich, by any means. This could be a terrible thing come later in life when we have babies and he goes on tour less (No, babe, I didn't say not at all, because I know you still will) and we are spending more time together. Joel and I are two very different people and along with many other things, we have completely different eating habits. I need to eat within 15 minutes of being awake or I'm a crabby bia until I do and he doesn't eat anything until afternoon each day. And then he constantly eats until he goes to bed at night. He even periodically gets up in the middle of the night, eats some chocolate and comes back to bed. I've honestly found candy wrappers in our bed before. I tell him, that this behavior will catch up with him some day. So, anyways, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm proud of myself for continuously working out this month of May. I say it like that because knowing myself, it will not last. I go through spurts. Let's hope I can prove myself wrong this time around. 

I've been thinking. It's time to revamp my blog. You know, especially since I plan to make money off of it someday. Hey, a girl can dream right? But I also want to rename Her. It's hard, simply because I don't blog about any one thing. It's not a cooking blog, a mommy blog, a fashoin blog or a travel blog. Although, I do intend to share those life experiences with you at some point or as they come about. Except the cooking one. And the fashion one, I'm not so into it. Or, I am but lets just say, that isn't one of my expertise. I originally started this blog because I had planned on visiting the Holy Land a few years ago with my mom and I wanted to document it, share it with the world. But then shit hit the fan things got crazy in Egypt and we ended up not going. I figured, hey! I think I live an entertaining life and I'm pretty funny, why not just start a blog about the randomness of my thoughts? So, I did. I don't even remember the year I started, and I can't figure out blogger, I'm completely computer impaired, so I have absolutely no idea how to even return to my first post. I did at one point, looked over my first handful of blogs and even laughed out loud. Why was I funnier back then? I'm witty these days but I used to be down right hilarious. What gives? So, I asked a friend of mine, a fellow blogger, to meet me for some coffee and show me around the blog world a bit more, give me some tips. She's a pro. This is where I'm wishing I knew how to copy her link into my blog, right here, so you can see for yourself. Also, what the heck am I going to rename my blog? I literally took no thought into the current name, "Kelsey Lately," I just love Chelsea Handler and her show and my name conveniently ryhmes with hers. So, score. Any ideas? Throw them my way. One of us is bound to think of something clever. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment