Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello, Spring!

Oscar is doing amazing already. Just in the 3 nights that he has taken his antibiotics, he is acting different. He slept with me the entire night last night (in Olive's spot-- I wonder how she felt about that) and he don't remember the last time he's slept with me, not including this last weekend. I woke up, and he was energetic almost, compared to how he's been the last handful of months, and followed Olive and I around all morning as I got ready for work. This is pretty normal for Olive but it's rare that he leaves his hideout in the closet, so I immediately was all smiles this morning. Just now having been home from work for a couple hours, he's been out and about, still somewhat sketchy, but we're making progress. Although, I wonder, even when he is feeling better and is healthy again, if he will still spend a lot of his time in our closets out of habit. I am wondering how I can kind of train him to be social and sleep out on the couch or kitchen table like Olive does. Thinking I might have to hit up Barne's and Noble for a cat book or two... and then maybe a book or two for myself. Actually, bad idea. I am spending enough money on making him healthy again. Sheesh! 

The weather today was amazing! Still is, I should say, and it's almost 6 PM. It was in the low 70's and it will be again tomorrow. Don't you dare snow now, Colorado! It is starting to feel like Spring more and more everyday. 

 
The heat has been off for the last couple days and the windows have been open! I've been trying to distract Olive from Oscar getting his soft food by opening our huge windows for her. It definitely works. I was looking at my calender last night and read that March 20th is supposedly the "first day of Spring." Well, Spring has sprung already in my book. My drive home today was awesome. I got out on time, high five(!) and then took a back road home to avoid an accident on 287 that I luckily saw far enough in advance. My warm, sunny cruise home was not disrupted and I enjoyed a road I had never been on, which was the home to many cute little farm houses, and barns (if you remember, I'm a sucker for a big, awesome barn-- well, farm land in general) and many cows, horses, ponies and even llamas. It made me think of when I was younger, my cousins and I would ride our bikes along a short country road and their grandparent's llamas would run alongside us. They are such hilarious, stupid looking animals. 

bahaha. 



What else makes me so overjoyed at the moment, is thinking about my birthday weekend. It's been confirmed that two of my girlfriends will be flying in from Wisconsin and San Francisco and staying for a long weekend. And possibly two more from Wisconsin and the Chicago area. Ask me if I'm excited. Holy moly, am I excited!!! This may possibly be the best birthday yet, even though I say that every year. :) 

This weekend, Joel and I are going to the Wild vs. Avalanche game with our friend's from Vail, who also grew up in Minnesota. I hear that Avalanche games are hella fun and the fact the I get to be sporting my Wild gear from back home, with fellow Minnesotans, makes me all that more excited. And it's at 1 PM--- dayyy drinkingg! There's a a good chance I might be hung over for St. Patty's Day this year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment