Wednesday, November 21, 2012


 Best (weekday) morning ever

I had the toughest time getting out of bed and when I finally did, I had a text from my boss saying she didn't need me for another hour. Well, I was already up, so I started some laundry, filled the sink with water to do the dishes, folded existing laundry, did the litter boxes, made myself some coffee, this was the first thing I did, of course; and in a timly matter, got all those things done. As I was about to leave my house, I recieved another text saying that I only had 4 babies and my boss wanted to know if I wanted to come in later when my co-teacher is off at 2:15. Oh my gosh YES! I love holiday weeks. I also love that I will be getting paid to put myself into a food coma tomorrow and then whatever I choose to do on Friday as well. Cheers to paid holidays! Aside from the fact that Joel and I won't be with our families this year, I am really looking forward to spending our first holiday together, just the two of us. I am bumming hard that I won't be with all my best friends tonight in down town Hudson, but I also know that tomorrow, I will feel the best I've ever felt on Thanksgiving morning. Last night I actually asked my girl friend here what she had planned for tonight. I thought to myself, "Maybe I do want to go out and drink too much for old times sake." Just to make myself feel like I'm back home. Then when I really think about it, I am going to take full advantage of feeling amazing tomorrow. My mom has been sick with the flu and my dad has been feeling under the weather too, but of course, he's been out in his woods. Priorities, you know! So, I don't even think mi madre' is partaking in the Thanksgiving festivities at my aunt's house. Although, I hope to take some time out of the afternoon and Skype with all my relatives there. Gosh, what did we do without Skype? That is another thing I am so thankful for these days

Last Saturday when Joel and I went out, we met some great people. As Joel was on stage, a lady came up to me and introduced herself. She told me that her and her husband (who is the cook at the bar we were at) would be happy to have Joel and I over for Thanksgiving and that if we ever needed anything at all, her and her husband would be there for us. Gosh, we already have adopted families. We are so grateful for kind people. Joel's friend, who let him play with him on Saturday, also told us about a Thanksgiving party that has been put on for the last how ever many years. A lady started throwing a party for everyone who lives here and doesn't have close family. What an awesome idea to do in a place like Colorado. I've come to learn that it's quite the melting pot. So, excited to start our own traditions in this life we are starting together, we'll be having a dinner on our own, and then making our way over to Maureen and Jeff's and then on to that other party. Although, we won't be with our families, we will definitely be with great, new friends. 

Last week, I told you that I was going to start job searching. Well, I actually got around to it. Kind of. I only went to one place, and it sounds sort of promising. I think and I hope. There is a liquor store across the street from the Kindercare that I am working at and I figured why not try and do exactly what I was doing back in Wisconsin. Liquors stores have very convenient hours when it comes to having it as a second job, especially when your first job is a childcare center. I stopped in Saturday and was told to come back Tuesday (last night) and meet with the owner. Right away, I was told they aren't hiring. So I proceeded to fill out an application and chat it up with the owner. He said he thought it was awesome that I just up and moved here, having no family and that it really says something about me. I then came to the part on the application that told me to list my special skills. So, do you want to me write down everything that's awesome about me or just a couple things? After some serious laughter, he took my application and said, "I know I said we weren't hiring, but I think we might be able to work something out." 

I also stopped in at Barnes & Noble to grab an application, but of course I got side tracked by books and magazines and by the time I made it to the check-out, there was one lady and a line of six people behind me so I didn't want to make her feel even more stressed and ask for the manager and application to fill out. So, perhaps I'll be back, if the liquor store falls through, of course. The guy working at the liquor store seemed about my age and moved here from Minneapolis 3 years ago. I want to work there, also because it would be fun to bond over that similarity. He seems super fun, and also lives in Loveland. I'm feeling another new friend coming on. ;) 

As for now, I'm going to finish exploring Pinterest for some more Thanksgiving ideas and most likely turn on the holiday CD Joel bought for me yesterday. I'm feeling so thankful today. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment