Friday, October 12, 2012

Just to name a few.

To my friends, in hopes that you hop on the Colorado band wagon.. ;) 

Some things that I particularly love about Loveland: 

First and foremost, mountains! You can't see them from my house, but drive 2 blocks onto main street and there they are! I get to see them as I drive home from work every day-- or in my rear view mirror as I drive to work everyday. How delightful! 

Second, the gas is cheaper! It's only $3.61-- sad. I remember when I filled my gas tank with $25.

Third, there are Sonics. Not that I love Sonic, I've only eaten there once, but Sonic commercials are hilarious and they are all I think about when I drive by them. This is one of my favorites..
 

Fourth, the micro breweries! They are everyyyywhere and I plan on visiting all of them. We are known as the Napa Valley of breweries. How fun is that? 

Fifth, Loveland is one of the top places in the Nation for music & art. Awesome, for Joel especially, but for me too! :)

Sixth, my house is 2 blocks from the library-- and everything for that matter. Joel's uncle told me the other day that our house is very centralized. We are also 3 streets over from main street, full of bars and boutiques that I will most likely love the second I walk in them. 

Seventh, since we are speaking location, I am about an hour from Rocky Mountain National Park, and main street takes you right there. Although, an hour is like 15 minutes here because the amazing scenery makes time irrelevant when you are driving. 

Eighth, I forgot to mention when I brought up the crazy amounts of micro breweries, that every liquor store here, has a drive-thru. Interesting, and practical, I guess, if you know exactly what you want. 

Ninth, I clearly have Duck Dynasty on my mind, but there have been a number of people that have reminded me of that show and have made me want to watch it then and there. For example, we were in Wal-mart yesterday. 3 guys in Camo passed me. Immediately, Duck Dynasty. 10 minutes later, another in camo, a nice long, grey beard, but this one had a.... wait for it... duck call. That yes, he was using in Wal-mart. I need a marathon, daily, to get my fix on that show- I cannot get enough. 

 hilarious.

Tenth, I'll make it an even ten. The weather is amazingggg. It was in the low thirties when we woke up this morning, probably got somewhere in the fifties mid day and Sunday and Monday it is supposed to be in the high seventies. I am going to love this and will probably embrace snowfall here, simply because the sun is always shinning and because it melts fast :) I could not be more excited!

.......................

Today was wonderful. I visited my new center and left there being even more excited to start work there on Monday. My new director cleaned out my room for me and I am completely starting fresh in the older Infant room next week. I will have 3-5 babies over the week, some part time. Monday, my babies won't actually be in my room with me, because I'll be doing more cleaning, organizing and getting it ready to be livable, since it hasn't been open since March. I am happy that my boss is just as excited for me to start as I am. I drove home on Cloud 9, towards the mountains. I think I'll stay here forever.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment