Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homeward Bound.

I'm having the weirdest airport experience I've ever had right now. I got to the airport, said my goodbyes, gave hugs and walked inside, to probably 6 people. I was the second person in line to check-in and check my bag. I walked to security and was the only person going through security. It was so weird, I didn't know where to go, like I had never been to an airport before. This place is literally dead, and it was when I arrived here on Thursday also, so I said something to someone. That person said there is another side to the airport that is a whole lot busier. That makes sense.

I actually wasn't going to blog before I got on the plane. I was figuring playing around on my laptop/Facebooking was going to take up the 2 and a half hours of layover time I have again in LA, because I definitely won't be leaving the airport this time. But, the airport always makes me laugh. There has been this older woman, who, I overheard, has been married to her husband, who can't get around easily, for 42 years. She told her husband that he needed to sit down and now she's been doing laps with the loudest shoes on that you've ever heard. I'm at the end of her lap route, because, she gets to my chair, turns and goes the other way. Picture the loudest shoes and the silliest walk of an old woman. That is what is right in front of me. I can't read, I can't Facebook, all I can do is smile. God, I love people.


Yesterday, on my last day, Alesia and I were literally in our sweats until about 6PM. I am so glad that we are on the same page with doing whatever we feel like doing. I've had friends that need to constantly be entertained and its annoying and draining when people can't just chill the fuck out. Sunday night, we had talked about biking the Golden Gate yesterday but when we woke up, we weren't in the mood and we were exhausted, as awesome as it would have been. I am totally okay with being super busy and doing as many things as possible on vacations, but at the same time, I'm cool with doing nothing. And, this isn't my first rodeo time in San Fran. Don't get me wrong, there are probably a ton of things I haven't experienced or places I haven't been in my handful of times being here. But, there will always be a next time. When we eventually showered, we went to the cutest, bar, I guess I don't even want to say bar, it was more of a cafe' where a guy they work with hosts trivia every Monday. It brought me back to mine and Alesia's days of schooling everyone in Trivia at Throwbacks, when we used to go every Wednesday. We literally won $160 worth of Throwbacks gift certificates every week. It was ridiculous. Long story short, we won, then we called it an early night. I have no idea how we were tired after doing a whole lot of nothing all day.

I can't help but think about Colorado right now. Not that a day goes by that I don't, but it's full force right now, being at an airport. I'm so anxious for September to get here, so Joel and I can fly out and explore, and apartment search and find a place to live. I get so excited looking on Craigslist everyday at sweet houses out there. And everything is so affordable! Life, hurry up! Kidding, too much fun shit would pass by if I fast forwarded to September.

Gosh, I'm excited to see Joel. And all my babies at work.

The airport is finally fully up and I'm pretty sure the lady next to me is reading everything I'm writing, so gtg! << ha ha When was the last time you said, or heard someone say, "gtg!"


No comments:

Post a Comment