Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home and happy.

First of all, I missed Dr. Seuss' birthday last Friday. He is, by far, my favorite children's book author and I wanted to share this video that one of my girlfriends gave me. It is a wonderful, creative version of Oh, the Places You'll Go!-- my favorite book of his. Happy belated birthday, you genius! 

hippies:) 

So, I'm back in the states! Vacations are always awesome but it's always awesome to get home safe and home to my kitties. You should have seen my babies when I got home last night. Neither of them left my side through my entire night's sleep last night either. Those wild cats that hung out under our balcony at our resort just didn't cut it for me. I miss my cats more than anything.

My second experience at the Paris airport was different than the first, only because I had no time for unfriendliness, or anything for that matter. I got off my flight and my flight to Minneapolis was already boarding. I was the girl that I've seen many times, sprinting from one side of the airport to the other, in fear that she's going to miss her flight. So, of course, because I was rushed, going through customs and security was the s l o w e s t I've ever experienced it and I was pulled aside, frisked, and my bags were gone through. chop, chop, my plane is boarding. Let's go!! This time, I hate to admit it, I was the rude one. I refuse to be stuck here with you inconsiderate assholes. I left that part out. I kid you not, within 3 minutes of me getting on that plane, they announced that they had shut the doors and we would be taking off shortly. 

My flight home was amazing. The plane was pretty much empty, almost every person had their row to themselves. I had a few glasses of complimentary Merlot, popped some drowsy motion sickness pills to put me to sleep, slept and then eventually finished my book. The flight attendants were amazing. I have never had such friendly, outgoing, young flight attendants in my life. They made my stay on that plane very enjoyable, just like all flight attendants should.

If I ever go back to Spain, I definitely want to learn some Spanish, or even some French. If I ever do become a flight attendant, this would be a good idea anyways. It's hard being surrounded by people who you don't understand and who don't understand you. For the most part, the people at our resort were friendly. I felt like, because there are a few different languages spoken where I was, it was this big mystery. I felt like people didn't try and talk with others much because no one really knew who spoke what. Which is very different from what I've known and am used to. I'm from the Midwest, I'm used to friendly people, people always saying "hi" to one another, people always willing to chat. It's hard for me to be the bigger person and lead by example, when I smile at people and they don't smile back. It's something I need to work on. I just don't have time for rude people. I've only been so many places in my almost 24 years of life, but I will always think that us Midwest folk are definitely the friendliest, most laid back and all around awesome :) No one compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment