Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Crazies.

Let me break it down for you. I live in a big old house in down town Stillwater. It's split up into 4 different apartments- a one bedroom down stairs in the front of the house, a two bedroom downstairs in the back of the house, my studio upstairs in the front of the house and then a two bedroom upstairs in the back of the house. My neighbor downstairs is awesome, she's a mom in her, oh, I'd say.. 40's and her 25 year old daughter lives with her. She's got a 22 year old daughter who lives across the street in other apartments. The guy who lives downstairs, I have never seen since August of last summer when I moved in. He's quite the mystery man. Now the apartment right next to mine, upstairs, I don't have a clue who lives there. A few months ago, a platonic couple moved in and the girl had a daughter about 3 years old. This lady was thee worst mom ever. I constantly heard her yelling at her daughter to shut up and always heard this sweet little 3 year old screaming and crying. I, working in chlidcare, had a very hard time with this. I, so many times, wanted to go knock and her door and tell her she's doing this wrong, by this, I mean, being a mother. After so many nights of yelling and the cops even coming to her place, this lady took her 3 year old and moved out. Now.. months later.. I haven't seen the guy that moved into the apartment with them. But I see about 6 different guys that are constantly coming and going at all hours of the day/night. I never see girls come in and out but I hear girls in the apartment. The walls are thin and my bathroom is on the other side of the wall as their bathroom and bedroom and I can hear everything that goes on in that bathroom. Let me tell you, I got thee best laugh when the guy that lived there was singing "When the Thunder rolls" or whatever it's called by Garth Brooks. He only knew the main chorus, so he sung it over and over, as well as the background music, for a good 15 minutes. I was home alone and could not stop laughing. So let me get to the serious shit stuff. I was taking a bath on Monday night, enjoying my wine.. I was two glasses down (I've been hearing people going up and down the stairs outside our apartments all night) when I hear something fall down the stairs.. not a body, but something heavy. I hear it fall all the way down to the bottom of the steps. Here comes the swearing. I immediately hear a girl yelling "You Fucking (I can say fucking in my blog if I want) asshole!... You're such a fuck.. blah blah blah.." Then I hear the guy start yelling at this girl to stop yelling and swearing, all along while he's yelling and swearing. Then, I hear someone running, who's being chased, from the front door to the bathroom (keep in mind I'm on the other side of this wall, in the bathtub, naked, buzzed, shocked, my heart is racing because I know how this is going to end) The girl is yelling at this guy to stop, the guy is yelling at this girl to f-ing shut up and then BOOM. He hits her to the ground and... silence. At least that was what I thought happened. That is what it sounded like. Yelling, and then immediate silence. How else would one describe the huge boom and then silence? I sat for a minute, grabbed my phone and texted my neighbor mom who I love from downstairs "There is totally domestic violence going on in our house. Tell me you just heard that." Five minutes later, I heard more people coming up the stairs, hear a knock and then "Police! Open up!" Oh Thank god, hallelujah! Because the thought of calling the cops crossed my mind, but someone beat me to it. A second later, my phone rings, it's my neighbor mom.. explaining that they heard it all too. I'm naked.. in the bath ..I've had wine.. do I need to get out and put clothes on? Are the cops going to come talk to me? The cops did not come talk to me, thank god, but I did over hear the girl say, "He forgot to take his meds.. but he just took them.." I wanted to run out the door and say, He just hit you! You psycho, don't stick up for him. I hate people like you. Don't be a stupid girl. Who knows, maybe he didn't hit her, but he did. And wonderful, I have ill, crazy people living right next door to me. When I told Joel about this intense hour he responded with, "You always have crazy people living next to you." I don't know if he's talking about the little, older black woman with long dreads that always smelt like marijuana and frequently sung Rhianna and Whitney Houston songs way too loud or if he's talking about my parent's neighbor who has thee worst display of mismatched Packer decorations you've ever seen in your life. I have to say, I would prefer those two over the current crazies.

No comments:

Post a Comment