Sunday, January 22, 2012

Venturing back to the end of the week.

We failed and failed epically at yoga on Thursday night. I'm blaming my mom, ;) for the fact that we thought class was from 7-8. We walked in like assholes at 6:50, ready go and class had been going on for 50 minutes already! The lady closest to the door motioned me over and informed me that the times had changed and in a whisper that, "my mother was wrong."  So we spent the night taking back two bottles of wine and bs-ing like we do best. So I still don't have yoga in my life but we will succeed at yoga this week if it's the last thing I do! 

I was a bit bummed to learn on Friday at work that our staff holiday party was cancelled for the night and was going to be rescheduled. I adore everyone I work with and love when we find time to spend together outside of Kindercare. So Friday morning, as I was getting my babies ready for breakfast, I was talking with one of my bosses and one of my co-teachers. I told them that a mom had asked me to babysit on Valentines Day this year and that I agreed because I am without a boyfriend these days! My boss said the party might be rescheduled for the weekend of Valentine's Day and that she was moderately worried that people wouldn't come due to going on their hot dates. "People can go out on their hot dates on Valentine's day, who cares if it's a Tuesday," I say. This lead me to a weird and funny conversation with one of my dads who had just walked into the room. "I don't remember the last time I went on a hot date," he said. I responded with, "That's why you need to call me... (the next part was muffled, as I was preparing my babies food) so I can come over and hang out with your kids!" We all realized how funny it would be for an outsider to walk into that conversation, hearing that "you need to call me" part. I promise I don't hit on dads at Kindercare. Maybe this isn't as funny now but we all had a good laugh. 

I don't wear makeup to work. It would add more, unnecessary time to my mornings and my babies love me no matter what I look like. I said to my co-teacher later that day, "I'm thinking about starting to wear makeup to work" "So you can pick up hot dads?" "No, Megan, because I'm single and you never know who you're going to run into on your lunch break!" I am not a home wrecker. I promise. 

Alright, I'm stopping abruptly. IIIIIIIt's my bedtime! 
Have a wonderful Monday, all! 

Don't let this be you.









No comments:

Post a Comment