Thursday, July 7, 2011

Here's to you, lady.

I don't know what it is- Probably the Tiesto song I'm listening to- "The Power of You" that makes me feel this crazy amount of happiness for a friend of mine. This isn't just any friend. At one point in my life- she was thee friend. My best friend. Life took crazy turns, separated us and oddly, after years, and I mean years, brought us back together. We've grown up so much, done so many different things, grown in so many different ways, learned how to live without each other. After life does what it prefers to do with you at the time being, it, for lack of a better saying, is a bird that literally shits on your face when you least expect it. Well, sometime, the shit on your face awakens you. And in this case- it opened my eyes. It awakened me to an entirely different level. I realized, that you know, after all this time, that maybe our lives weren't so perfect without each other. Maybe something was missing. Or maybe our lives were okay with each other in them- ups and downs in it. I have always walked away from situations that I don't know how to deal with. I walk away, think about it, take it all in, find time to fully assess what's happened, what's going on in my mind and then I can deal with it in the best way possible. Gosh, I'm going off on a tangent. Andrea, I am so proud of you. I'm so glad you're pursuing what makes you happy, what makes you feel secure. Since that day at the bank, I haven't been scared to tell you and others that I'm so glad, although at the time I hated it, that you went through what you went through. Life would have been easier if it hadn't taken that route, but it did and you bounced back and made it all okay. You have always been such a "strong personality" and life is so fun with that around. I wish you the best of luck in Florida and I can't tell you enough that I just want to high-five you frequently for what you've been through and what's to come. From here on out, this crazy life is going to work in your favor. Do it right, baby girl ;) It's a new start and you deserve it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment