Saturday, June 11, 2011

The love I need to see me through.

This morning my mom and I went to Home Goods. That place is dangerous and absolutely wonderful all at the same time. I feel so excited that I'll be moving into a new place by the end of the summer and I am even more excited that I am doing it all on my own. I came home today with my 3 glass containers for my flour, brown sugar, sugar; measuring cups, new silverware, mixing bowls- ah forget it! Just a ton of kitchen stuff! And I got the most amazing apron. Which I am truly obsessed with. I texted Joel while in the store still, informing him of what I had just found. I have been looking for the perfect apron for awhile now. Everyone I find is either cute, but too frickin long, or short and ugly. This one is absolutely perfect. I informed him right away that it was short, pretty, girlie and classy :) I see myself in it, heels and a glass of wine. Now I just need to learn how to cook a little better ;) I'm getting there, you'd be surprised. I finally got myself a new litter box. One that is covered. My kitties are still under a year and insist on playing with everything. So, of course, after I clean out their old littler box, fill the new one and put it in their corner, Olive is inside and Oscar is outside and they are swatting at each other through the little flap door. Every day I think about living in my new place. I am so happy. Things really seem to be working in my favor at this point in my life and I feel so blessed. 


I started reading Water for Elephants on Thursday night and am more than half way through it. I stayed home last night, did laundry and read. I was just going to say, "That's how good it is!" But who am I kidding? I would almost always rather stay home and read a good book than go to the bars. ha I am 23 and saying that. Hilarious. My girlfriends think I'm crazy. But I can't stop reading it. Although, I am taking time to blog. I figured I haven't sat down and shared my thoughts for a little while. I brought it to work on Friday because I sometimes sit outside on the Preschool playground and read on my lunch break. Which is so relaxing. But all I did Friday was sit and think about how badly I wanted to read my book instead of taking care of the babies. Just kidding. Kind of ;) Gosh, every time I am in that baby room I think to myself how crazy in love I can imagine I am going to be with my kids when I love other people's kids as much as I do. It makes me laugh. 


Last week, Joel was laying in bed while I was getting ready for work and pulled up tickets for Florence + The Machine at the MN Zoo amphitheater this coming Friday. Tickets were $54. After I left for work, Joel went home to purchase them, and found out that they had just became sold out. Now that is just the most unfortunate news ever. Now, as I look online on Ebay and Craigslist they are up to $890-- most likely an amazing, life changing concert. Next time, we get them the day they go on sale. On a good note, I will be going to see Brittney on July 6th. That is going to be madness if you ask me. And with crazy, fun girlfriends as well- what more could I ask for? 


If ever you feel down- watch this video. It will make your insides happy. I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment