Monday, May 2, 2011

New residence: France.

I just got home. I told my mom I was going to go home and blog/ reevaluate my life/career. She said not to. But do you want to know why? One reason: The show I am newly obsessed with...

 And of course I pick the one with the picture of the most unrealistic house ever, but hey! I can dream ;) Is that even a house? Probably. Anyways, every Monday night my mom and I get together and we cook something. We will eventually start baking things, I'm sure. We started it last week with veggie pizza-- I've been craving forever! Tonight we made baked potatoes with cheddar cheese, ham, broccoli and sour cream. Not the healthiest or extravagant but FYI I am horrible in the kitchen and am seriously interested in becoming more domestic :) I already have the cleaning, laundry, and ironing down, why not get to the cooking! And also, mother-daughter bonding. Who doesn't love that? And my mom actually said she was excited to see I have more interest in becoming a little more domestic. Hooray! 

Here are our delicious baked potatoes. I'm just realizing how small this photo is.
You get the picture! 
One with sour cream- one without.

Anyways, back to my obsession: House Hunters International. Ahh does anyone else reevaluate their life/living arrangements/career when they watch shows like these? I am clearly not making enough money! I can be real and say, I admit, most of these homes are so not affordable for the average person with today's economy, I get it. I love working with children, don't get me wrong. But this is definitely not how I am going to be able to support myself for the rest of my life. Not that I even want to do what I am doing for the rest of my life. But for now even. I have this mentality that you can always make money back, you can't make back the memories you never made. I think that is a wonderful means to live by. But honestly, that doesn't give me any means to live by. I'm going through the sad realization, that I may have to start giving up all the fun things that I have planned in the next few months or some of them, and even things that will come up that I want to do so badly. Just because I am to the age where in 5 years, I'm going to want to start looking for a house maybe, starting a family, who knows. 28 sounds like a good age to start doing those things. My mom says I have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't say "worry" but the thought is definitely in the back of my mind. Seriously budgeting myself and sticking to it is in the near future. Hey, we did just start a new month. Maybe, I'll look into Bugeting for Dummies. They have to have one of those! Ah, another book to read! :)

Side note: I just got the nicest email from my mom. She ended it with," Please don't worry about your future. Everything will fall into place someday. Love you! Mom" Raise your hand if you love your mom, as much as I love mine! Thanks for the encouraging words. House Hunters was based out of France tonight. I actually said to my mom, "Why don't we just pick up, and go!" Referencing all the amazing, crazy cheap priced, beautiful homes in Brittany, France. Her response, "Okay, what about our husband and boyfriend?" I said, "We can find new ones.. with accents.." ;) Kidding, Joel!

No comments:

Post a Comment