Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby face.

I always love when a good opportunity to blog comes up. A little bit ago, I was at wal-mart buying myself some orange juice and more NyQuil. Does anyone else get carded every time they buy NyQuil? Because I do. And being sick, that means I'm going the 2 blocks to wal-mart, in sweats and no makeup. This time, the cashier actually asked to see my ID. Last time, the lady goes, "you're 18, right?" My response tonight, "23 in two weeks actually!" "Wow, you look 12. Sorry!" It's cool, I get it all the time. When I wear make up I can at least pull off an 18-20 year old. I actually had a conversation a little like this the other day with my friend, Mal, as she was walking me home. Thanks for the hair cut, by the way ;) We were talking about how some girls look like they are of-age, and of-age I mean, old enough to go to the bars, when they are in middle school. Not me, I was skinny, and had absolutely no shape to my body whatsoever. Awhile ago, I was down town Hudson with my mom looking in that little shop, Bella Luce. I was looking at the jewelry when the lady working came over to me and said, "I have daughters your age who just love the jewelry here!" I smiled and asked, "how old do you think I am?" She looked me up and down and replied, "17." I laughed as I usually do, because I get such a kick out of this and said, "Almost 22." I am actually to the point where I don't mind it anymore. My ID gets studied a lot of the times when I am out. They hold it up, look at me, look back at the ID, look at me again. They hold it up to the light, hold their flash light behind it. Would you like to see another form? I've got plenty! It makes me smile. I am going to continue to be carded until I am 40, maybe older. That, I am cool with. The first time I actually met Joel's mom, I was laying in his bed. Great first impression, I know. One of the first things she said to me, "I just hope you're at least 18." That same year I went out on their boat for memorial day weekend, I think it was. She continued the joke by saying, "I need to see your ID before you get on the boat." As Joel is handing me a beer. She sometimes continues the joke along, as other people do occasionally. I'm sure it confuses servers when I'm out to dinner with my family and my dad says, "check it twice" When they ask for my ID. Stop it, already! I know I've had the same face since I was 4. 

1 comment:

  1. You're very lucky to have this problem(?) I hope you have it for the rest of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete