Saturday, February 26, 2011

It hasn't even been 24 hours.

Okay, seriously, all I can think about is blogging. This may be, along with online shopping and Tiesto, my newly acquired weakness. Right after my first post, I thought to myself, "okay. Wait until tomorrow at least for the next one." But now I find myself thinking, "There is simply no reason. If I feel like I have things to say, I will say them. My blog is not a very attractive guy I've started hanging out with, who I have to not call, or pretend I don't actually like.. my blog is my blog and I don't have to play hard-to-get." 


I want to talk about my day yesterday, or I should say lunch break. It was quite intense. As I was making my way through a stop light, going straight, I realized this car ahead of me is driving right for me. I don't know if this person is completely oblivious and in the wrong lane or if they were turning and somehow didn't see me. You should know right now, that I had the horn in my car taken out awhile ago, because my alarm had a mind of it's own and would start going off for no reason, during my work day, in the middle of the night etc. So, thinking to myself, "I hardly ever need my horn and I don't want to deal with this annoyance" I went to the dealership and had it taken out- even after they told me it was somewhat of a safety hazard. Of course, now that I don't have it, I've had time after time that I've wanted to use it and have been unable to. Back to the stop lights: Because I don't have a horn, I swerve and find myself driving full force over the median that the light is on and facing the opposite direction of traffic. Luckily, I am alongside Kel Bernsteen (a friend's mom) and can roll down my window and say, "What the hell!!" I pull over, exchange numbers with the idiot- just in case, realize my front bumper is only a little cracked, not a huge deal, it happens, but holy shit did that scare me. 


My heart is racing. So, I make my way to the tanning salon. Thinking, "perfect, I'll put on my tiesto podcast and relax." Side note: I find my heart racing right now just reliving this experience. I feel like there's a cop driving behind me. Back to the tanning salon. I park, and out of habit I take my keys out of the ignition, put them in my purse, grab only my tanning lotion and ipod and leave my purse sitting in the front seat, lock my door, and shut it. dammit. I have never once locked my keys in my car. and I would right after I almost get in a head on collision. I go into the tanning salon with a smile (because I can't believe this line of events) on my face and tell the owner my situation. I call my mom- no answer. I get hold of Mike Standard and someone to help me out. "We'll be there in 15 minutes." "Perfect, I'll tan for ten." I get done tanning, walk out, my keys are handed to me and $60 later, I am in my car driving back to work. 


I get back to work with about 5 minutes left of my break. I notice my mom has left me a voicemail. "Hi honey, I didn't answer because I was driving. I just got to the hospital, grandma is here and she's got heart failure and her lungs are filling with fluid and they don't think she's going to make it through this one.." I can hear that my mom is almost in tears.  "Best. Break. Ever." I think to myself. Luckily, my co-teacher was there and is an awesome hugger, just like myself.  

So last night, I'm taking a shower. and I think to myself, "how the heck am I in such a good mood right now after such unfortunate events?"  I'm smiling. And I know that it's because my mom's amazing optimism has rubbed off on me. It's crazy and so amazing to me that my outlook on life is still so positive in hard and sad times. So Thank you mom, for teaching and showing me that life is so great, even in the times that aren't so great. I love you mucho!



1 comment:

  1. Ah thanks honey! This blog is a good thing for you. Getting thoughts out on paper is quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete