Sunday, February 27, 2011

A different kind of Sunday funday.

So I am a sucker for a good quote. There are times when I find myself, reading through one of the many quote books I own, because I'm stressed about something, down for some reason, or really just because. I think they are so uplifting and can really put things in perspective. 

Gosh, it feels like forever ago now, but not too long ago I had a conversation with a girlfriend who claimed they were just "lost" and she was really trying hard to "find herself" So! Being me and full of quotes, I throw some her way on facebook chat, and tell her I have the perfect book for her. I still have not sent her this book-- you can read it when you're home next, Chris ;) Or! Maybe I'll actually send it to you. 

The book is called, Lean forward into your Life "Begin each day as if it were on purpose"
By: Mary Anne Radmacher 
The book is about "boldly looking forward and daring to move through life's obstacles with honesty, joy, and velocity."

"I'm going to love this," I thought. Sadly, I had somewhat of a hard time getting into the book, but  I came across some amazing words and I feel the need to share them with you.  Here they are:


Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard. Play with abandon.
Practice wellness. Laugh. Risk love. 
Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends.
Choose with no regret. 
Fail with enthusiasm. 
Stand by your family. 
Celebrate the holidays that make sense.
Lead or follow a leader. Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.

Homework: Commit yourself to constant self-improvement.  

Happy Sunday!  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment