Friday, March 29, 2013

It's been another solid day and I'm giving all the credit to sweet, sweet Mother Nature. I am crossing my fingers and praying that it decides to stay. I should really just be happy that even though it snowed last weekend, it has completely melted and is now 65 degrees. We need the moisture so badly, but I selfishly want warm weather immediately. I suppose when I really think about it, I'm going to prefer bonfires to no bonfires while camping this summer so perhaps I should just be happy when and if we get snow next. Bring on the camping! 

We would have loved to go camping this weekend (Joel's Birthday weekend) but he ended up having a show tonight and tomorrow and I decided to babysit. So, after church on Sunday (we'll see how it goes this time around) we may be taking off for Horsetooth Reservoir for some nature lovin. Take that how you want to.

Just this week, I walked into a liquor store down the road from my work and saw in huge black letters a "NOW HIRING" sign and thought to myself how perfect that is, since I haven't wanted to put in the work to get myself a second job, I've just been waiting for one to fall into my lap. ;) While chatting with the manager, a short, friendly little Asian man, I was straight up about what I was looking for and told him that I "still wanted time to play in the mountains this summer" so I wasn't looking to work like crazy, only 10 to 15 hours a week, since I am already working full time. This morning, he called me back. He said after talking to the owner, they thought I would be a good fit. He also was wondering if I would be willing to take all the hours of the girl that is leaving. Tuesday and Wednesday night 5:00-10:00 I am fine with, but the 1:00-11:00PM shift every Saturday. No. frickin. way. He seemed to be kind of taken aback by my straight forwardness when I said, I would be willing to work that every other Saturday and that I would definitely be happier not sacrificing every weekend just to make a little more doe. It's almost summer, guy, hello! Now, I have to figure out my next move if that's the deciding factor on me getting the job or not! Yikes, might be a toughy! 

Earlier this week, my cousin and his family came into town. They had been spending their spring break driving all over, exploring and hiking in Montana and then here in Colorado. I said to Joel that someday, we will have space and money to house and feed a family of five when they are in the area, but right now that is just not possible. So, we spent our Tuesday night, visiting with them in their hotel hot tub and catching up. Last night we all crowded happily in our cozy little duplex for pizza and bonding, which are two things that my family does best; eating and talking. If too much pizza and Dove Chocolates existed, we had it. Like I've said before, it feels so wonderful to have my people here with us, experiencing and enjoying a chunk of our life here in Colorado. I was bummed to see them off but wished them safe travels back to Wisconsin. Not one of them was looking forward to their drive through Nebraska and I don't blame them. 

This week I figured it was smart to ask for my time off for Durand (my families annual float party) since it's summer and I figured many would be requesting days off very soon. She kept me on my toes as she flipped through the time off binder and thought out-loud that that weekend was also Amy's wedding. You have no idea how nervous I felt and how I just couldn't put the words together to tell my director how important it was to me that I make it home that weekend. I exhaled deeply as she told me that it should be fine. And then I cheesed all the way back to my classroom.   

Side note: my job is going so very well and I am still loving it. 

I suppose you are wondering how my little Oscar is doing. Well, a week after his teeth pulling extravaganza, 30 teeth (!!!!!!!), I should say, he is doing great.


He is spending more time out and about and less time in the closet. He isn't eating dry cat food and he has actually lost weight, sadly. I took him in for a check up exam this morning and was told I need to, what I would think to be over feeding him until he gains the appropriate amount of weight back. He is now making up for lost time and is eating well but apparently not enough. So, here's where my second job comes in... I have to feed him at least 4 times a day. That means 4 cans of fancy feast. My god, is he an expensive cat. I just keep reminding myself that he's alive and making awesome progress every day, and the amount of money I've paid for him in the last couple weeks, isn't the most important thing to me. We go back from one more check up next week and I'm hoping for some weight gain. Cross your fingers, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment