Saturday, May 14, 2011

I love people.

I wanted to blog so bad at the airport in Mpls on Thursday but I couldn't get my internet to work. I even tried to blog using my phone but for some reason I wasn't able to write once I got to this page. Anyways, my time there was hilarious. I found myself smiling and even laughing out loud frequently.  I first of all wish I didn't get that nervous feeling I always get before I'm about to fly. Or I should say, before I even get to the airport. I was telling Joel about my feelings on the drive there and he suggested that he just go in my place. "It'll be hilarious, I'll show up with all your things, in your clothes... Hey! It's me!" At that point I thought of Rob Schnider in Hot Chick "It's meee, Jessicaa!" Eh, I'm not that nervous. So the nervous feeling I had soon vanished as I got all checked in and was contently waiting by my gate. The laughter did start before then though, as I over heard a lady standing behind me in line asking her children if they left their fireworks at home. I immediately thought of Nick Swardson's skit about bringing roman candles on an airplane. So I'm sitting there, trying to get my internet to work. There's a little boy behind me, I can see him in the reflection on my laptop screen, and I can feel him bouncing up and down and shaking the entire row of seats I'm sitting on. He's growling and making hilarious noises and I'm laughing because his mother has absolutely no control. I'm starting to hear yelling a ways down. I look around and notice there's a lady to my right and a couple sitting right next to her talking about this woman who's on the phone and yelling. This woman is probably two gates down and has her back facing towards me. I am just drawn to this woman and her conversation, as is everyone else around us. Of course there's a guy right to the left of this lady I'm trying to look at, but he's sitting closer to me, in my square of seats. And of course he thinks I keep looking at him. We started doing that thing were every time I would turn to look at this loud lady, we would make eye contact, and whether you want to make eye contact with this person, you do anyways. This gets me laughing again. Great, this guy thinks I want him to approach me. He eventually gets up and moves closer, to the group of seats right next to me. Stop. If only you knew, I was interested in the raging woman on the phone, who's side profile reminded me of Bernie Mac. At this point this woman has been approached by two separate ladies working at the airport, the second woman who's mouth I noticed was saying, "It's okay, I need you to calm down." As the woman is wiping her eyes with a Kleenex. So now I hear the announcement that my plane is boarding. The guy sitting next to me seriously stood up and waited there for a moment. Totally obvious that he wanted to say something to me. I looked in his direction, but didn't make eye contact, gave him the go-ahead-and-go-look, there's no reason to wait for me. So he's about 12 people ahead of me once I actually get in line and he keeps turning around and smiling at me. This is hilarious. I'm laughing of course and at the same time he probably thinks I'm smiling back at him. Stop turning around! Luckily, I was nowhere near him once we got on the plane and I sat next to a lovely older couple who was going to Sonoma for some wine tasting retreat. I finished reading The Happiness Project and busted out my ipod. I told the lady next to me to nudge me if my music was too loud. She didn't, but there is no way she didn't hear my loud Tiesto podcast beats. She was probably just letting me live it up. All in all, it was a good flight. I couldn't get warm for the life of me but hey! situations aren't always perfect. I'm on my way to Cali, I refuse to complain.

1 comment:

  1. Funny trip out; I can just see you thinking and taking in all of this. People are great, aren't they? I hope you told the couple of your stay in Sonoma. Keep up the fun and hopefully when you come back, it will be nice for you. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete