Saturday, November 17, 2012

Good morning loves. Or I should say afternoon, now.

I told myself last night, that today, I was going to get up early. I was not going to shower just yet, because, lucky me, I am greasy and dirty looking a couple hours after I shower, and I have sheet to do tonight and things to look cute for. It's my bangs that get me. In turn, I was going to get cute, without being clean (hard to do sometimes) and go find myself a job. I have a few ideas-- I'm going to try liquor stores, since I'm already familiar with selling spirits, kind of; coffee shops, which would take me back to my time there in high school, which is a happy feeling; and Barnes & Noble, dun dun dunnn. My entire paycheck would probably go back to that place. Then again, the library has been spoiling me lately so I think I could have some self control there. But of course, it's already 11:15 and Joel and I have just recently gotten up, have put some coffee on and I stepped outside to take the trash out. Woooahhh, it is far too nice out to go find a job today. So, now I'm torn. I know the responsible route, but that's not fun when you have mountain land to explore, bike routes that you've only explored half way and more DIY projects that entail being outside instead of inside, inhaling fumes. My life is so complicated. Kidding. 

Another girl transferred to my center this week. She feels exactly the same way that I did when I first started. We are so short staffed right now that our cook doesn't have time to do the dishes by the end of her shift and the kitchen, is horrendous by the end of the day, it's like nothing you've ever seen. Like, if inspection were to come, we would fail. I get that it's tight, but this should never be. This has been one of the hardest adjustments for me, I think. Back at my previous center, our cook left, with snack prepared for the afternoon, and someone would come in for their afternoon shift, would eventually put snack away, clean the kitchen, get it ready for the next morning. Sometimes, this was management. Management was willing to do dishes and help out in the kitchen. My new management, I have never seen in the kitchen. And I am convinced that, last night, if Alyssa and I wouldn't have been in there cleaning, and scrambling to get the dishes done, our boss would have left the center at 6:15 when all the kids were gone, instead of working on the kitchen until 6:35. I told her that our cook is going to feel like it's Christmas morning when she walks in there on Monday. I don't think anyone, besides myself, has ever tried to get the dishes done for her at the end of the night. Which is so sad. I am just crossing my fingers that it gets better when we hire more people. 

I am kind of bumming about the holidays. Sounds silly, but it's only because we are most likely going to be without our close friends and family. We definitely will not be going home for Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is already next week! I took work off to go home, back to Wisconsin over Christmas, but after talking with Joel more about it, we feel like, financially, we probably shouldn't try and pull it off this year. Realistically, we just got here, I don't have a second job yet (and at this rate of weather, I won't have the want to go find myself one) and by the time we get back, rent would be due within 3 days of getting back and money would be tight. Maybe we should start a "Bring Joel & Kelsey home fund." Who's with us??? ;) On a good note, we are excited to start some of our own holiday traditions, as we start our life here together. Thank you, Pinterest! I'm sorry to those, who we've told that we are coming back, it's only been a few of you, we tried to keep it to a minimum in case things changed, and they have :( But we hope to make it back as soon as we can make it happen. 

After Thanksgiving next weekend, we have friends coming to visit and we could not be more excited. I have a friend from High school that lives down in Colorado Springs, who's family will be in town for Turkey Day. In the last year, I've become good friends with his brother, back home. I am excited to hang out with both of them at the same time. I am going to be one happy girl. 
..... as usual. 




No comments:

Post a Comment