Monday, October 1, 2012

Senioritis all over again. Only what do we call it now?

Please blog, save me from the class that I just started today. I am refusing to read right now, most likely because I'm being told I have to. I am getting the feeling that these couple courses that I started today, are going to be a little more work than I had planned. I am only taking two online classes, one simply because I am a 'new' student and the second, to renew my CDA. Yes, I have a lovely degree that I get to renew every few years. Horrayyy! Sarcasm. I need an attitude change. 

First of all, I don't have my books yet. What a way to start the first day of class, wouldn't you say?? I tried hard to get this all taken care of two weeks ago, before I even left for Colorado, because I didn't want to have to deal with what, I am now dealing with. Not having the appropriate tools necessary to thrive academically! Ha, now I am making myself laugh. 

So here I am, putting off getting things situated and going with my classes. I could easily be reading the first chapter and looking over the first assignment. Blogging just seems more 'right now.' I haven't actually X-ed out of that window entirely, though. It's going to take a handful of various, spread out post-it notes, at home, and at work, to remind me to sign on to my courses every day and remember to read and complete assignments to have them in at the appropriate time. As well as post-it notes encouraging me and cheering myself on! I am so not in the mood for school right now. Especially, with moving my entire life next week. I am going to be a stress ball. I can see it now.
Alright, attitude change. I can do this!

This weekend was wonderful. My aunt hosted our family reunion and I am so glad she put it together and so glad everyone followed through and came. It was really my last time to see a lot of my relatives before I move and who knows what the holidays will bring and whether we will be home or not. I just love my family and I cannot get enough of them. I am also very happy that Joel was able to make it. He had originally planned on already being in Alaska but he left today. His plane is probably just taking off as we speak. This is another thing, it was weird this morning kissing Joel goodbye as I left for work and saying to each other that the next time we see each other, which will be in a little less than a month's time, we will be at our new place in Colorado. Crazyyyy!

What excites me right now, is the thought of my pot luck at work tomorrow. The fact that all the wonderful ladies that I work with are making a bunch of delicious food in my honor, is pretty fantastic. I am going to be so uncomfortably full tomorrow and it's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment